Mexico City Stopover
From 10/12/2023 to 31/12/2024
Bring 700 years of history back to life as your expert local guide shares history and hotspots from around Mexico City – one of the biggest cities in the Americas!.
Visit the Metropolitan Cathedral – the biggest cathedral on the continent.
Then, see one of Diego Rivera's (the lover of Frida Kahlo) most famous murals at Museo Mural.
Head out of Mexico City to learn about Teotihuacan culture, from pre-Hispanic pyramids to modern handicrafts.
Explore local towns and visit two independent, family-run businesses where you can pick up authentic, locally made (or grown) souvenirs such as tequila, candy and cacti.
Feast on a delicious dinner in a Mexican family home, with food sourced straight from organic farms and cooked with local flavours (and a whole-lotta-love)!.
By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Gastromotiva.
Donations help them provide nutritious, balanced meals for vulnerable people in Mexico.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Lunches Included: 1.
Hotel (3 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Hidden Teotihuacan & Lunch with the locals.
Mexico City Tour - Urban Adventures.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Mexico City Bienvenidos! Welcome to Mexico City. Check in to your hotel, where a welcome pack will be waiting for you. This will include all the information you need for your Short Break Adventure. If you have free time today, why not venture into the streets and check out this incredible city. Modern meets ancient in Mexico City - one of the world's largest urban centres. Although crowded and smoggy, D.F. (Distrito Federal) offers a great variety of impressive museums, galleries and architecture, along with exciting night life and delicious street food. Why not head to the Zocalo - the city's huge central square - to see Aztec ruins and colonial architecture or relax in one of the many parks, plazas and gardens.
2 - Mexico City Pick up the rest of your travel mates today and head out of town by public transport, experiencing how locals move about this crowded city. Hop off at the archaeological area of the Teotihuacan pyramids and explore the grounds. Visit the Moon Pyramid, the Calzada de los Muertos (Dead Pass), and the 63-m-high Sun Pyramid, the tallest and most spectacular in the area. Next, head to a nearby village and stop by a family-run business where you'll learn about obsidian - the material that the Teotihuacan people use to make their tools, idols and decorations. You'll also get to sip pulque (an ancient sacred drink), considered by some as the great-grandfather of tequila! After working up an appetite, be welcomed into a family home for a memorable lunch where you'll be served authentic dishes bursting with local flavours and plenty of Mexican hospitality. After lunch, head back to Mexico City.
3 - Mexico City Have breakfast this morning and then take some time to refresh and pack up, before checking out of your hotel. You can leave your luggage here this morning, before heading out on today's final adventures. Your guide will pick you up from the hotel, at 10 am, for an epic journey of exploration through Mexico's incredible capital. Let your expert guide bring 700 years of history back to life as you uncover little-known facts and hidden hotspots, from Aztecs to art, in one of the biggest cities in the Americas. Head into the heart of Mexico City - the Plaza de la Constitucion - and hear about the remains of an ancient city located under the modern metropolis. Visit iconic sites like the Templo Mayor and the Metropolitan Cathedral - the biggest cathedral on the continent - and see one of Diego Rivera's most famous murals at Museo Mural. Head to the fresh food stalls at Mercado San Juan and shop for snacks and souvenirs. Wander through the Palace of Fine Arts (Palacio de Bellas Artes) and when you're finished, your guide will lead you back to your hotel, where your trip will come to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans