Vic Falls Short Break
From 01/10/2020 to 03/01/2023
Witness the thundering power of the waters cascading over Victoria Falls with a local guide.
Enjoy spectacular views of the falls and surrounding area from the ‘Knife-edge Bridge’.
Pick and choose from an abundance of activities in the area.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Hotel (3 nts).
Age: min 5.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer.
Victoria Falls - Victoria Falls tour Zimbabwe Side.
Complimentary Airport Departure Transfer.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Victoria Falls Mhoro! Welcome to Zimbabwe. An airport arrival transfer from Victoria Falls Airport is included. This transfer is only valid if arriving on day 1 or if you have booked pre-trip accommodation through Intrepid. Please provide your flight details at the time of booking, or at a minimum 15 days prior to travel (note - we may not be able confirm request made within 15 days of travel). Once you have provided your details a transfer representative will be booked to meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. Transfers from Livingstone Airport can be arranged at additional cost. There are no activities planned for today and you are free to explore on your own. For those of you who arrive early, there are many activities and sights to do and see around Victoria Falls. Victoria Falls is the town on the Zimbabwean side of the falls, with spectacular views and a reputation as the adventure capital of Zimbabwe.
Day 2 - Victoria Falls Visit the magnificent Victoria Falls with a local guide. The Victoria Falls are an enormous curtain of water, about a mile wide, falling 108 m into a narrow gorge below. In the wet season, the spray created can rise up an incredible 400 m and the falls are an impressive raging torrent. The spray from the falls can sometimes be seen from kilometres away. It's no wonder that the local name is Mosi oa Tunya, or the 'smoke that thunders'. In the dry season, the view of the falls is unobstructed by spray and it's possible to see little islets in the river below. This afternoon your local guide will take you to a local centre where a range of activities will be on offer. We have not risk assessed all activities and only those listed in the itinerary are recommended. If you are unsure please check with your local guide. Please note that it is against company policy for guides to facilitate the booking of any activities that have not been risk assessed or do not adhere to our company’s Responsible Travel policy and ethos. This includes organising transport to and from these activities in our vehicles.
Day 3 - Victoria Falls Spend a day at leisure in the area, perhaps enjoying one of the activities that you booked yesterday. There are plenty of options and you can do as much or as little as you want. If you are interested in the optional helicopter flight (12 minutes or 25 minutes ) we endorse the following operator only: Zambezi Helicopter co CAA Zimbabwe.
Day 4 - Victoria Falls There are no activities planned for the final day and you are able to depart the accommodation at any time. A departure airport transfer to Victoria Falls Airport is included and you will be collected from your hotel and transferred for your departing flight. Your local guide will confirm your pick-up time on Day 2 of your Shortbreak. Transfers to Livingstone Airport can be arranged at additional cost.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 12 August 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..