Magic of the Fjords - 7 Days
From 2020-06-07 to 2020-09-06
6 nights 3 - 4 star accommodation.
6 breakfasts & 2 dinners.
English speaking guide.
Guided sightseeing in Oslo.
Guided sightseeing in Bergen.
Train from Flam to Oslo.
Ferries between Bergen and Balestrand & Balestrand and Flam.
Airport arrival taxi on day 1.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Bergen Welcome to Bergen! On arrival at the airport, hop in taxi to your hotel in the heart of downtown Bergen. The remainder of the day is at leisure. Enjoy!
Day 2 - Bergen After breakfast we depart on a sightseeing tour of this beautiful town. The tour takes us to the colourful fish market and for a stroll through the narrow lanes of ancient Bryggen, with the Church of Mary and the Hakon fortress. Bryggen has become a symbol of Norway's cultural heritage and it's easy to see why it has gained a place on UNESCO's World Heritage List.
Day 3 - Bergen Bergen - Balestrand. This morning is at leisure before we embark on a cruise to Balestrand. On board we make our way through the King of Fjords - Sognefjord. With incredible views, this is a truly beautiful journey.
Upon arrival in to Balestrand the rest of the day is at leisure for you to explore this picturesque area. There are various hiking trails as well as culture and artistic activities in close proximity. Dinner will be enjoyed at the hotel this evening.
Day 4 - Balestrand Today is free for you to explore the area independently. Why not join us on an optional round trip excursion to Fjaerland which is available from June to August. By boat we can see amazing views of the steep mountains, lush landscape and green fjords. Fjaerland is the village where the fjord meets the glaciers, here we also visit the Norwegian Glacier Museum. Enjoy Ivo Caprino's panoramic film about Jostedalen Glacier and the fascinating exhibition. Continue by coach to the impressive glaciers of Supphellebreen and Bøyabreen.
Day 5 - Balestrand Balestrand - Flam - Oslo. Our journey on the Sognefjord continues today as we make our way to the beautiful village of Flam. After some free time to explore we join the famous Flamsbana - one of the steepest train lines in the world. On our journey we pass awe-inspiring scenery and make our way through fantastic nature, passed the Rallar road, up steep mountains, passed breath-taking waterfalls & go through 20 tunnels until we reach Myrdal, a mountain railway station and junction, located about 13 km from the village Flam.
From Myrdal we join a different train which takes us to the capital of Norway, Oslo. Arriving into Oslo late this evening we make our way straight to the hotel.
Day 6 - Oslo This morning we meet our guide and embark on a 3-hour sightseeing tour of this vibrant city. Discover the medieval fortress of Akershus, the Royal Palace, Frogner Park, City Hall and Vigeland Sculpture Park where we marvel at 3 Viking Age ships.
Spend the rest of the day relaxing or perhaps continue exploring this amazing city independently. We recommend you purchase a 24-hour Oslo pass, which grants access to most of the city’s museums and includes free travel to the Bygdog Peninsula.
Day 7 - Oslo Our tour comes to an end after breakfast this morning. We hope you had a wonderful time in Norway with us! If you would like to extend your stay and explore more of this remarkable town, or would like to book a departure airport transfer - please enquire.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 09 June 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..