From 29/02/2020 to 01/01/2022
Stay on the often-overlooked east coast of Lombok with some time spent in Labuan Pandan, taking a snorkelling trip, and enjoying a secluded island lunch and sumptuous seafood barbecue dinner.
Support the island’s communities during your time in Senaru by embarking on a tour run by passionate local women who are developing skills in tourism.
Explore Lombok by visiting the Masbagik pottery village, Tetebatu and Senaru, which will all give you a true insight into local customs and culture – as well as the delicious local food – of the island.
The Gili Islands may just be some of the most stunning stretches of sand you’ve come across.
Relax on the shores of Gili Air, taking the day at your own pace – swimming, snorkelling, eating and repeating.
Begin your island jaunt with a night in Sanur on Bali’s east coast.
This beachside haven has all of the ingredients for a relaxing stay, so why not consider extending your time here before your Lombok adventure?.
Breakfasts Included: 7.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 2.
Beach bungalow (2 nights),Guesthouse (2 nights),Hotel (3 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Masbagik - Village walk & pottery demonstration.
Pringasella - Village walk & Sasak feast.
Labuhan Pandan - Snorkeling & picnic lunch.
Labuan Pandan - BBQ dinner.
Senaru - Waterfall walk.
Senaru - Sasak village walking tour.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Sanur Om Swastiastu! Welcome to Bali. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm this evening. You can arrive at any time during the day as there are no activities planned until this important meeting. Start your adventure in Sanur, giving you a quick taste of Bali. Sanur is home to one of best Balinese Night Markets, so be sure to gather some of your newfound travel pals together for a night of shopping and feasting on some street food.
Day 2 - Tetebatu Travel by minivan from Sanur to the port of Padang Bai (approximately 1.5 hours). Then you'll take a fast boat that takes you from Bali to Lombok (approximately 1.5-2 hours). Stop for lunch in a basic warung – a traditional Indonesian-style cafe, before taking a minibus to Tetebatu (approximately 2 hours). On the way, stop at Masbagik Village which is well known for its pottery products and where you will get to see it being made on a short walk around the village. The hill retreat of Tetebatu is situated in the centre of Lombok, at the southern base of Mt Rinjani, and boasts spectacular views. Tonight, you will enjoy an included dinner at a family-run restaurant that provides traditional Lombok-style cuisine.
Day 3 - Labuhan Pandan Enjoy a guided walk through lush rice fields and see how the region's farmers have tended the land for centuries, still using traditional water buffalo ploughs. Climb a little higher and pass through clove and coffee plantations and stop at a local warung to try some local coffee (approximately 2.5 hours total). Visit the local village of Pringgasela to learn traditional weaving and enjoy a delicious Sasak feast. In the afternoon, return to the hotel then travel to Labuhan Pandan on the east coast of Lombok. This remote beachside location is lesser visited by tourists but is a beautiful stretch of coastline. Tonight you’ll stay in bungalow accommodation amid the peace and quiet of the secluded east coast.
Day 4 - Labuhan Pandan Take a trip out to the nearby coral reef and enjoy some fantastic snorkelling off the boat. Stop in at a secluded island for lunch with Mt Rinjani towering over Lombok. Tonight, eat a fresh seafood barbecue on the beach. This is island living and relaxation at its best, so soak it all up!
Day 5 - Senaru Travel by minibus around the spiritual centre and sleeping giant of the island – Mt Rinjani (approximately 2 hours). Arrive around midday (12 pm) at Senaru – a small, rustic village nestled between the base of Mt Rinjani and the edge of the jungle. Take a guided tour of the local Sasak village to learn about the history and culture of these people who have long lived on the slopes of the mountain. Here, your local guide is part of a female guiding association that trains and develops women in tourism. You will also take a walk to the spectacular Singang Gila waterfall, and perhaps take a refreshing shower underneath it!
Day 6 - Gili Air Continue to the west coast today by minibus (approximately 2.5 hours). The Gili Islands (Tiga Gili) are a cluster of three small islands – Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno and Gili Air. Transfer by small boat to Gili Air (approximately 30 minutes), where you can take in the breezy atmosphere and stroll down stunning white beaches that rival those of the neighbouring islands. Your hotel is about a 15-minute walk from the port. Your bags can be transported by cidemo (horse cart) from the port to the hotel.
Day 7 - Gili Air The island is your oyster, so today you are completely free to relax or explore. Perhaps take in another snorkelling trip or catch a ferry across to the other islands of Gili Trawangan and Gili Meno and work out for yourself which one has the better beaches. This evening, enjoy an optional group dinner on the beachfront as you reminisce on memories of your Lombok adventure.
Day 8 - Gili Air With no activities planned for today, you are free to leave at any time, provided you comply with the hotel’s internal check-out times, usually at 11.30 am. This doesn’t mean your adventure has to come to an end! If you would like to extend your stay on the blissful Gili Air, we’ll be able to organise additional accommodation (subject to availability).
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 March 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..