Bali & Lombok: Hike, Bike & Raft
From 18/07/2021 to 20/10/2022
Enjoy a mixture of adventurous activities, from snorkelling to hiking to rafting – perfect for those who love to get their pulse going.
Get well away from the tourist trail in Eastern Bali, visiting lesser-known temples and villages of Tenganan Village and Pura Luhur Lempuyang.
These are golden opportunities to learn about Balinese culture.
Hike through lush forests and climb to the rim of Mt Rinjani, where spectacular views of the crater reward your efforts on this challenging day-trek.
Relax and unwind on pristine beaches in Amed and Gili Air, the perfect places to rest your bones after hiking.
Swim with colourful marine life and sea turtles on a snorkelling trip around the islands at Gili Air.
Breakfasts Included: 11.
Lunches Included: 4.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel (6 nts),Guesthouse (4 nts),Camping (1 nt).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Ubud - White Water Rafting.
Candidasa - Cycling day trip.
Candidasa - White Beach.
Candidasa - Village trek.
Pura Luhur - Lempuyang Temple Trek.
Senaru - Sasak village walking tour.
Senaru - Mt Rinjani trek.
Senaru - Waterfall walk.
Gili Air - Snorkelling.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Ubud Om Swastiastu! Welcome to Ubud, the arts and cultural centre of Bali. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6pm. Please look for a note in the hotel lobby or ask reception where it will take place. If you can't arrange a flight that will arrive in time for the welcome meeting, you may wish to arrive a day early so you're able to attend. We'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability). If you're going to be late, please inform the hotel reception. We'll be collecting your insurance details and next of kin information at this meeting, so please ensure you have all these details to provide to your leader. Afterwards, perhaps head out to Gianyar night market. It's an informal setup, but a great way to get a taste of the local culture and cuisine.
Day 2 - Ubud (White Water Rafting) Embark on a white water rafting adventure just outside Ubud today. Zoom down an 11km long river stretch, navigating through class II and III rapids set to a backdrop of pristine rainforest, shadowy gorges and picturesque rice paddies (approximately 2 hours). Finish up with a hot shower – clean towels and changing rooms are available. For lunch, enjoy a buffet feast before heading back to Ubud for the afternoon.
Day 3 - Candidasa (Cycling) Leave the hustle and bustle of the city today, driving from Ubud to the foothills of Mount Agung (approximately 2 hours). Here you’ll start your day of cycling. The route you’ll ride will start close to the slopes of Mount Agung, beginning with a winding trail through lush bamboo forests and fruit orchards, then passing through local villages and rice paddies. The whole route is approximately 27 kilometres and will immerse you in the Balinese countryside. You’ll cycle along quiet country roads and mostly head downhill, but there’ll also be a few short hills to get your pulse racing. Your ride will finish up at White Beach, a popular spot for swimming and sunbathing. There are plenty of local warungs (cafes) here, the perfect place to get some lunch. After some time to relax here, transfer to your guesthouse, where you’ll spend the next 2 nights. The accommodation is fan cooled and there are cold water showers.
Day 4 - Candidasa (Trekking) Today you will drive 30 mins to the stunningly green and lush Amlapura region to do some trekking, passing through Budakeling, a Buddhist Brahmana village, cacao plantations and then walk on to the village of Bedandem and visit a local silversmith. Your next stop is Gumung, where a rice terrace gives you a breath taking view of Mt Agung. Here you might be lucky enough to join the locals in the field for the rice harvest. The whole walk takes around 4-5 hours and you will end at Tirta Ganga water palace, here you can take a well-earned lunch before enjoying a visit to the palace and taking an optional plunge into the cool water pools.
Day 5 - Pura Luhur (Trekking) - Amed Take a minivan to Pura Luhur (approximately 30 minutes). Climb more than 1,700 steps to Lempuyang Temple (approximately 5-6 hours). The walk is paved the entire way and it is easy to find your way to the top. According to the locals, you shouldn't complain on your way to the top, otherwise you'll never make it! There are many spiritual and mythical aspects to this rewarding journey. There are actually seven different temples to see at this site. Enjoy views of Mount Agung, Bali's highest peak. But also keep an eye out for long-tailed macaques circling in the sky. After your climb, return to the base and drive to your accommodation, located on a black sand beach where you can finish off the day with a refreshing swim.
Day 6 - Amed Enjoy a free day in Amed. Soak up the peace and quiet of this remote coastal getaway – it's an excellent place for a relaxing stroll along the shore or perhaps some yoga. While the shoreline itself is often rocky, the waters are crystal clear, making it an excellent place for snorkelling and diving. Those looking to discover the US Liberty wreck here can put on some snorkelling gear and go exploring. If you're interested in this option, chat to your leader.
Day 7 - Senaru Travel by fast boat to Senggigi, Lombok. This afternoon take a guided tour of the local Sasak village to learn about the history and culture of these people who live on the slopes of Mt Rinjani. Learn about how their traditions and beliefs surrounding this active volcano. Our guide is also part of a female guiding association that trains and develops women in tourism. Later today you will meet your local guide, discuss safety and waste management, be briefed on the route, and have time to pack your overnight bag for tomorrow morning. On returning, perhaps kick back with a cool drink.
Day 8 - Mt Rinjani (Trekking) Begin your full-day trek to Mt Rinjani today a climb of 2000M over a distance of 9KM, departing at around 7am. Your route follows a variety of terrain – solid dirt path, solid rock, gravel and grass. There will be plenty of stops along the way to rest your legs and take some photos. Look out for long-tail monkeys and exotic butterflies as you hike along these lovely trails. First you'll walk in shady forest; after that, the rest is open grassland. The last section is the toughest, up steep gravel and dirt paths it can often get very dusty on this section so a good idea to have a bandana to cover your mouth. This takes you to the campsite just below the crater rim (2,600 m). Here a clear evening will give way to awesome views across Bali, the Gili Islands and Mt Agung. There are no shower facilities tonight so wet wipes are a good idea and the toilet is a simple tent over a pit.
Day 9 - Mt Rinjani - Senaru (Trekking) Get up early to catch the blazing sunrise. After a 7am breakfast, it's time to descend back to Senaru. A second perspective on yesterday's environs is sure to yield some new discoveries – perhaps honeyeaters or cockatoos perched amid the dense forest.
Day 10 - Gili Islands Transfer from Senaru to Telak Naru (approximately 1.5 hours). Here you will take a boat to Gili Air (approximately 20 minutes). Beautiful white beaches await in this paradise of bamboo huts and blue-grean ocean. Take the opportunity for a well-earned rest, or a perhaps a refreshing swim.
Day 11 - Gili Islands Get amongst the marine life on a snorkelling trip around the crystal waters of Gili Air. After being fitted for snorkelling equipment, head out on a motorised wooden boat around the Gili Islands. Swim out straight off the boat and catch colourful scenes of fish and sea turtles in the water. You will make a few stops at different spots around the islands.
Day 12 - Gili Islands Your trip comes to an end today with no further activities planned. If you are departing from Bali or Lombok airports, please allow enough time to book a fast boat and land transfer for your return.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans