Wonders of Bhutan - 7 Days
From 2019-12-14 to 2020-12-19
6 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 6 dinners.
5 nights 3-4 star hotels and 1 night camping near the banks of scenic Mo Chu River.
Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 & day 7 (only).
Guided sightseeing of Paro, Thimphu, Punakha and the Punakha Valley.
Traditional Bhutanese dinner at a farm house, giving you the opportunity to interact with a local family.
Escorted by a licensed English-speaking local tour guide.
All relevant transfers and transportation in private A/C vehicles.
Entrance fees to all included sightseeing.
All Bhutan government royalties and taxes.
Bhutan Visa fee and travel Permit (excludes visa admin fee of USD$20 pp, payable upon arrival).
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Paro Upon arrival at Paro airport, you'll be met and transferred to your hotel. Free time if offered for the remainder of this afternoon.
Day 2 - Thimphu Paro & Thimphu. Today we visit Paro's National Museum, perched on a hilltop overlooking the city, and the impressive Rinphung Dzong, before driving to Thimphu for the Sunday Market.
Day 3 - Thimphu Todays guided sightseeing highlights of Thimphu include the Drubthob Nunnery, Folk Heritage Museum, the Takin Preserve Memorial Chorten and the National Library and its collection of ancient Buddhist texts and manuscripts.
Day 4 - Punakha We travel onto scenic Punakha Valley today and visit Chimi Lhakhang Temple - dedicated to Lama Drukpa Kunley (also known as the Divine Mad Monk). Tonight we stay in a camp by the Mo Chu River.
Day 5 - Punakha We enjoy a scenic hike through the Punakha Valley today and visit Sangchen Dorji Lhendrup Nunnery, perched on a ridge with spectacular views of the Punakha and Wangdue Valleys before our final stop this evening, Paro.
Day 6 - Paro This morning we hike to the spectacular Taktshang Pelphung Monastery, often referred to as Tiger's Nest Monastery. The scenic hike takes approximately 4 - 6 hours, but is well worth the effort and a photographers dream. This evening we enjoy a traditional Bhutanese dinner at a farm house, giving you the opportunity to interact with a local family and learn about the local cuisine of Bhutan.
Day 7 - Paro Our tour concludes today after breakfast. A departure transfer will take you to Paro airport to meet your onward flight.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 15 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..