Highlights of Nepal - 9 Days
From 2021-12-03 to 2022-12-30
8 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 3 dinners including dinner at a Nepali cultural evening.
8 nights 4 star hotels .
Airport arrival and departure transfer day 1 and day 9 .
Economy class flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu .
Touring of Kathmandu, Patan, Bhaktapur and Pokhara .
Chitwan National Park jeep safari in the buffer zone, jungle activities and park fees.
Rickshaw ride in Kathmandu.
Boating on Lake Phewa in Pokhara.
Escorted by English speaking local tour guides .
All relevant transfers and transportation in private air conditioned vehicles.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Kathmandu Friday. Welcome to Kathmandu and the start of your holiday! You’ll be met and transferred to your hotel where you will receive a welcome drink and a briefing about your trip.
Day 2 - Patan Nepal's capital Kathmandu is a fascinating blend of old and new and the largest and most cosmopolitan city in Nepal. This morning we visit Bodhnath stupa, a beautiful Buddhist worship site with spinning prayer wheels and prostrating pilgrims. Our next stop is the ancient city of Bhaktapur, Nepal’s cultural gem which has maintained its traditional lifestyle and is famous for its pottery. We explore Bhaktapur’s beautiful Durbar Square and visit Pottery Square we can try our hand at pottery making. Our final stop is Patan, the old Newari city with a historic Durbar Square full of temples. This evening enjoy dinner and a cultural Nepali dance performance.
Day 3-4 - Chitwan National Park Kathmandu – Chitwan. On day 3 we travel by road to Chitwan National Park (approx 5 hr drive), arriving in time for lunch. Chitwan is hailed as one of Asia’s finest game parks, home to more than 500 species including the endangered one horned rhino and the elusive Bengal tiger.
Over the next two days we enjoy a selection of activities offered by the lodge including a jeep safari, hoping to encounter the one horned rhino, various types of deer, boar, monkey, leopard and if we're very fortunate the Bengal tiger. Other activities at the lodge include a local village walk and nature walks in the jungle, a scenic dugout canoe ride down the Rapti River, bird watching and a visit to the Crocodile Breeding Centre. We'll also watch a traditional Tharu dance performance one evening with dinner.
Day 5 - Pokhara Chitwan National Park – Pokhara. After breakfast we travel to scenic Pokhara, gateway to the magnificent Annapurna Range, which consists of five mountains over 7200m and Machhapuchare Mountain at 7000m. The local people believe that Machhapuchare is sacred to the god Shiva and therefore is off limits to climbing. Arriving in the afternoon, there's time to relax and perhaps take a stroll around the lakeside market.
Day 6 - Pokhara This morning we watch a beautiful sunrise at the hill top World Peace Pagoda which offers spectacular views of the Annapurna range. Then we take a scenic 2 hour walk through Raniban forest back down to Lake Phewa where we enjoy a boat ride across the lake. Our sightseeing continues with an excursion to the beautiful Devi's waterfall and the spectacular Seti Gorge, where the Seti River has carved a 200m deep chasm through the Pokhara Valley.
This afternoon we visit a Tibetan refugee camp and the Matepani Monastery which sits on top of a mountain, overlooking the city. Monks from all over the country come to the monastery to study and here we will watch the monk's daily prayer.
Day 7 - Pokhara Today is free day for you to explore Pokhara and participate in optional activities such as paragliding, ultra-light flight, zip line, bungy jump, mountain biking, cycling, boating and horse riding, or if you prefer, simply relax down by the lake.
Day 8 - Kathmandu Pokhara - Kathmandu. This morning we take the short flight back to Kathmandu and in the afternoon we explore more of the city. After visiting the beautiful Swayambhunath stupa which offers wonderful views of the city, we walk to Kathmandu Durbar Square, which is home to over 50 stunning temples and shrines. We’ll also enjoy a rickshaw ride from Hanuman Dhoka to Thamel, through the bustling back streets of the city which is a great way to observe the everyday life of the locals. This evening is free for you to wander around the Thamel market, where you can pick up some last minute souvenirs.
Day 9 - Kathmandu Saturday. Our tour comes to an end today with a transfer to the airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 06 December 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans