Wild About Sri Lanka - 10 Days
From 2020-02-08 to 2022-01-01
9 breakfasts and 1 lunch.
9 nights 4 - 5 star and heritage properties.
Touring of Dambulla, Polonnaruwa, Sigiriya, Nuwara Eliya, Udawalawe, Kandy, Yala, Bandula and Colombo.
3 Jeep safari/ game drives - in Udawalawe NP, Yala NP and Bandula NP.
Scenic train trip Kandy - Nuwara Eliya, canoe and Tuk Tuk trips.
Whale & Dolphin Watching Boat Cruise in Mirissa from 01 Nov - 30 April.
(Cruise cost excluded approx $35).
01 May - 31 Oct - visit to the Dutch Fort at Galle.
Escorted by an English-speaking national guide for groups of 6 or more (professional chauffeur guide for groups of 5 or less).
All relevant transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles.
Airport arrival and departure transfers on day 1 and day 10.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Colombo Saturday. Welcome to Sri Lanka! Airport arrival transfer and remainder of the day at leisure.
Day 2 - Dambulla Colombo - Dambulla - Polonnaruwa - Dambulla. This morning we stop a local Sunday market before arriving at one of Sri Lanka’s most impressive cave temples, the Dambulla Rock Temple. We then continue onto Polonnaruwa for some sightseeing. Return to Dambulla for an evening at leisure.
Day 3 - Polonnaruwa Dambulla - Sigiriya - Kandy. This morning we head to Sigiriya, followed by a bullock cart ride and short canoe trip to the village of Kayanwala, where we try our hand at preparing a local meal. En route to Kandy we stop off a spice garden in Matale.
Day 4 - Kandy This morning we take a sightseeing tour of Kandy, including the Temple of the Tooth Relic, Kandy Lake, a gem museum, local bazaar and we then take Tuk Tuk ride up into the surrounding hills. This afternoon we stop at a working tea factory and enjoy cultural performance in the evening.
Day 5 - Nuwara Eliya Kandy - Nuwara Eliya. This morning offers free time before transferring to the railway station for a scenic train trip. Passing tea plantations, waterfalls, suspension bridges and tea pickers on our journey up to Nuwara Eliya. This afternoon we take a beautiful drive through Nuwara Eliya.
Day 6 - Udawalawe National Park Nuwara Eliya - Udawalawe National Park. Today we head south to Embilipitiya, this afternoon we enjoy a game drive through Udawalawe National Park - one of the best places to spot the famous Sri Lankan Elephant.
Day 7 - Yala National Park Udawalawe National Park - Yala National Park. This morning we depart for Yala NP - the second largest in Sri Lanka. Here we enjoy a jeep safari of the park, which has Asian elephants, sloth bears, golden palm civets, Sri Lankan krait, crocodiles and leopards present.
Day 8 - Bundala National Park Yala National Park - Bundala National Park - Mirissa. This morning we travel to Bundala NP, home to thousands of brightly coloured birds with over 200 species. It is also home to the magnificent greater flamingo and Asian elephants. We take a jeep safari here before transferring later on to the coastal town of Mirissa.
Day 9 - Weligama & Mirissa Mirissa - Colombo. This morning, if travelling between 01 Nov - 31 May, we transfer to the boat pier for our Whale and Dolphin Watching boat cruise (paid locally). If travelling between 01 Jun - 31 Oct the morning is spent visiting UNESCO World Heritage Listed Galle fortress. The next stop is Colombo and the bustling city centre for a guided tour.
Day 10 - Colombo Monday. Our tour concludes today with an onward departure transfer to the airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 January 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..