Holi, Festival of Colour - 8 Days
Breakfast daily and 2 dinners.
7 nights 3-4 star and heritage hotels.
Holi essentials - Kurta pyjamas (they must be white), colours, water pistols etc.
Guided sightseeing - Delhi, Jaipur, Bharatpur and Agra.
Rickshaw ride in Delhi and travel by jeep to beautiful Amber Fort in Jaipur.
Escorted by an English-speaking Indian tour guide (for groups of 6 or more) .
Services of English-speaking Indian specialist guides at some sights.
Airport arrival and departure transfer on days 1 and 8 .
All relevant transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles .
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Delhi Saturday 04th March 2023. Welcome to India for the Festival of Colour! On arrival at the airport you’ll be transferred to our hotel where the rest of the day is free for you to relax or explore, you may wish to visit Akshardham, the worlds largest Hindu temple, before meeting the group and guide at the hotel at 18:00 for a Welcome meeting.
Day 2 - Old Delhi After breakfast, we set off on a day of sightseeing in India’s capital. In Old Delhi we visit Humayun’s Tomb and Jama Masjid - the largest and oldest mosque in India. Discover the site of Gandhi’s cremation at Raj Ghat before we continue our tour in New Delhi. Walk down the ceremonial Rajpath, formerly known as the Kings Way, and see the India Gate monument. Tonight we enjoy a Namaste dinner.
Day 3 - Jaipur Delhi - Jaipur. Say goodbye to Delhi today as we travel to the iconic UNESCO-listed Pink City of Jaipur, which earns its nickname from the pink painted buildings in the Old City that heralded a visit from the Prince of Wales in 1876. This afternoon we enjoy a tour of the beautiful City Palace and the UNESCO-listed Jantar Mantar space observatory, featuring 19 separate astrological instruments.
Day 4 - Jaipur You may wish to join our Balloon Over Jaipur add-on early this morning for an exhilarating hot air balloon ride over palaces, temples and hill-top fortresses. Later we travel to the impressive 16th century Amber Fort, which we reach by jeep. This sprawling fortress is laid out over four levels and sits on the shimmering Maota Lake. After our tour we visit a local cotton weaving house before we return to Jaipur.
Day 5 - Bharatpur Jaipur - Bharatpur. Friday 18th March 2022. Today is the day that India celebrates the fabulous Holi Festival. This ancient Hindu festival originated as a celebration of the end of winter and beginning of spring in honour of Prahlada, who was protected from the flames by Vishnu when he was tricked into near death by his father, King Hiranyakashipu. Holi symbolises the triumph of good over evil and is an important part of Hindu tradition.
Indians across the nation gather together with family and friends to throw coloured powder bombs, fire water pistols and splash coloured water across the streets. We have the opportunity to join the celebrations in Bharatpur - white kurta pyjamas will be provided to protect your clothes, as will organic colours for you to throw as you join the celebrations.
After the fun there is time for us to get cleaned up before we pay a visit to Keoladeo Ghana National Park and enjoy a bicycle rickshaw ride around this important wetland reserve, home to numerous bird species.
Day 6 - Agra Bharatpur - Agra. Today we discover the eerie Mughal city of Fatehpur Sikri, which was abandoned more than 400 years ago due to a lack of water. After our visit we continue to Agra and explore inside the fortified walls of the striking Agra Fort, former residence of the Mughal emperors. Our final stop of the day is the most famous monument in India - the legendary Taj Mahal. Built in the 17th century by 20,000 workers, the Taj Mahal was dedicated to the memory of the wife of Emperor Shah Jahan, who sadly died in childbirth. We enjoy a guided tour of this extravagant symbol of love. Overnight - Agra.
Day 7 - Delhi Agra - Delhi. We return to Delhi this morning and the rest of the day is at leisure. Perhaps visit the impressive Red Fort and watch its famous Sound and Light show when it gets dark.
Day 8 - Delhi Monday 21st March 2022. Our adventure comes to an end today with an included departure transfer to the airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans