One Week in Jordan
From 07/03/2024 to 31/12/2025
Only Petra’s Treasury – one of the Seven Wonders of the World – is stunning enough to be the temple of the Holy Grail.
Your pass to this sacred site lasts two full days so that you can explore every nook and cranny at your own pace.
See the lowest point on earth – the Dead Sea – and float in its famously salty waters, soaking up its healing minerals and lathering yourself in the rejuvenating mud (if the mood strikes).
Sleep under the stars at a Bedouin-style camp in Wadi Rum with all the creature comforts, waking for a stunning sunrise and a thrill-seeking 4WD adventure.
Take a guided walk around Amman to learn about the city’s diverse history (and also to stake out where to get the best falafel and hummus).
Get a taste of the ancient and modern sides of Jordan with loads of free time – just ask your knowledgeable local leader, who’s always ready to answer every question and provide the best local tips.
By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Animal Care in Egypt.
Donations help them care for sick or injured working animals, like horses and donkeys, and help empower local communities with the knowledge and training to better care for their animals.
Breakfasts Included: 6.
Lunches Included: 1.
Dinners Included: 2.
Hotel (4 nights),Desert camp (2 nights).
Age: min 18, max 29.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Amman -Guided Walking Tour.
Wadi Rum - Bedouin Desert Camp.
Wadi Rum - 4WD jeep safari.
Wadi Rum - Guided hike.
Petra - Leader-led tour of Petra.
Petra - Two-Day Pass.
Dead Sea - Visit and Swim.
Madaba - St Georges Church.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Amman Ahlan wa sahlan! Welcome to the Middle East. Your adventure begins in Jordan's capital city - Amman. You'll have a welcome meeting at 6 pm tonight, but until then, you're free to hit the streets. Why not make a beeline for Rainbow Street for a falafel and a shisha - it's what the locals do! After something more substantial? Maybe head to the Old Town's Roman Amphitheatre, have a cultured afternoon at the Jordan National Gallery of Fine Arts, snap some pics of the city from the hilltop Temple of Hercules, or sweat it out in a hammam. After your meeting, why not get a group together and head out for the night - your trip leader will know all the best little bars and restaurants.
2 - Wadi Rum This morning, take a walking tour with your leader around Amman, beginning at the hilltop Citadel, then following the edge of the walls down into town past the Roman Theatre, the Nymphaeum ruins and the Al Husseiny Mosque. Be sure to stop in at some nut shops or a souq for some snacks along the way. After lunch, drive to Wadi Rum. When you arrive, you'll meet your Bedouin hosts, who'll show you around camp and offer you many rounds of 'Bedouin whisky' (mint tea), so settle in for a night of traditional hospitality. This evening you'll be dining on traditional Bedouin cuisine and sleeping in Bedouin-style tents. If you choose, you can even sleep in the open air, surrounded by the Mars-like mountains in the background. Fall asleep under a desert blanket of an undisturbed night sky, rich with stars.
3 - Wadi Rum You won't want to miss this - Wadi Rum rarely looks as fine as she does in the early morning. Wake up early to take in a magical sunrise, and when you're breakfast-ed, it's time to head on a 4WD safari. Jump in one of the jeeps and begin driving around the curious landscapes, passing by Lawrence Spring - a rocky landscape contrasted by a freshwater spring with panoramic views over the valley. You'll also stop at Lawrence House - supposedly the house where Lawrence of Arabia lived and stored his equipment. Continue to one of the largest sand dunes in Wadi Rum and check out some of the famous rock bridges. The deserts around Wadi Rum have got a real otherworldly feel to them, and many Hollywood blockbusters have been shot in and around where you'll tour today. Later in the afternoon, return to your camp and enjoy a second night of Bedouin hospitality.
4 - Petra Today, farewell your Bedouin mates and journey to Petra - one of the famed Seven Wonders of the World. You'll have two full days exploring Petra and its surroundings, so be sure to take your time exploring the spectacular archaeological site. Take a guided tour of the site, where you'll learn about its thousands of years of history and the many films that have used this as a backdrop. You'll get to follow in the footsteps of movie stars on a guided tour that'll take you through the site's narrow siq (a narrow crack in the mountain) to Petra's tombs, temples and rock-hewn amphitheatre. For those wanting to admire the 'rose-red city' from a different angle, there's also the option of hiking the Alkhobatha Trail (approximately 2.5 hours) where locals sell refreshing drinks in exchange for the best view over the Treasury - this is the best place to get your epic photos! After a long day of exploration, the cave bar is a good place to relieve your parched throat and put your feet up for a while.
5 - Petra Today, you've got another day to explore the majestic Petra at your own pace. Maybe walk the road to Al Khanzneh (the Treasury) - one of the most stunning structures in the whole site. Or, if you didn't make it yesterday, head up the stairs to El Dier (the Monastery) - this is a descent climb, but well worth it for the views. Other great options today are to hike to the royal tombs or visit the incredible Byzantine mosaics. Your leader will know all the good things to do, so feel free to ask them for help.
6 - Madaba This morning after breakfast, drive down the King's Highway towards Madaba. You'll stop along the way to check out the famous Dead Sea - the lowest point on Earth - where you'll go for a swim (or float) in its salty waters. If you're feeling a bit sore after your Petra expedition, the Dead Sea's mud has known healing properties and will be sure to bring back your youthful good looks! After, swing past Mt Nebo, where you'll have the opportunity to view the Promised Land, just like Moses did. Arrive in Madaba - the city of mosaics - and take a leader-led orientation walk to get your bearings. This afternoon, visit St Georges Church, where you'll see the intricate mosaic map containing the oldest surviving cartographic depiction of the Holy Land and Jerusalem. Later, maybe head out with the gang for dinner - there are some awesome places to eat in this city and your leader knows all the best spots.
7 - Madaba Your Jordan exploration ends in Madaba after breakfast today. Because there's so much to see in Madaba and Amman, it's recommended that you spend an extra day or two to check out what you missed. If you would like to spend more time here, just speak to your booking agent.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 February 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans