Six Days in Turkey
From 27/03/2024 to 09/11/2024
Dine in the home of a local family, where you’ll be treated to a traditional home-cooked Turkish meal and have the opportunity to learn about life in the desert.
Explore the weird and wonderful world of Cappadocia – this might be the most unusual place in Turkey.
Learn all about its fairy chimneys and sprawling rock formations from your expert local leader.
Wander the warrens of underground cities, homes and churches carved straight into the sandstone of the Cappadocian desert, and maybe opt to gaze down at the city from above on a sunrise hot air balloon ride.
Learn about the history and culture that was born in Konya, from the teachings of Sufism to the art and skill of the whirling dervish.
The thriving metropolis of Istanbul is where East literally meets West.
Discover the highlights and the history of this incredible city that melds the cultures of two continents.
By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, CYDD (Çağdaş Yaşamı Destekleme Derneği).
Donations help them provide scholarships and educational programs for economically disadvantaged youth in Turkey.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel (4 nights),Overnight Bus (1 night).
Public Bus,Overnight Bus,Tram.
Age: min 18, max 29.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Cappadocia - Kaymakli Underground City.
Cappadocia - Dinner at Local Family Home.
Cappadocia - Sunset Hike.
Cappadocia - Pigeon Valley and Devrent Valley.
Cappadocia - Pottery demonstration.
Istanbul - Historical Peninsula Tour.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Antalya Merhaba! Welcome to Turkey. Your adventure starts in Antalya where you'll meet with your leader and new travel buddies for a welcome meeting at 11 am. Once you're all acquainted, jump on a bus with your group and make your way north to the charming city of Konya. The birthplace of Sufism (a religious belief and practice seeking the truth of divine love and knowledge) and the home of the famous whirling dervish, Konya is busting at the seams with history and culture. While you're here, make sure you check out the Mevlana Museum - the former dervish school turned museum - where you can visit the mausoleum of Rumi, a famous Sufi poet. For dinner, your leader can give you the best insider recommendations, so make sure to ask them where to find the tastiest kebab.
2 - Cappadocia Today, say farewell to Konya and hop on a bus to Cappadocia. Weird rock formations, fairy chimneys and underground cities - Cappadocia has it all. Later in the morning, head underground and explore some of the 36 underground cities - these rabbit-warren metropolises were carved into the earth thousands of years ago. Tonight, you'll be treated to something truly special. A local family will welcome you and your group into their home for a traditional home-cooked Turkish meal. After, you might like to check out the nightlife in Goreme, or for something more mystical, hit up a traditional sema performance of whirling dervishes.
3 - Cappadocia You've seen the sunrise hot air balloons over Cappadocia on social media and this morning is your chance to tick that epic experience off your bucket list. If you're up for it, rise bright and early to have this once-in-a-lifetime experience as the sun rises over the otherworldly city. Those who choose to opt in for this activity will have a seriously excellent time, getting high above the changing colours as the sun rises. Heights not for you? There are tonnes of great viewing points around the city where you can grab some pics or a few selfies as the sky fills with balloons. Later in the day, discover the highlights of the region this afternoon, checking out Pigeon Valley and Devrent Valley - your group leader will know all the best places to stop (your Turkey photo dump is about to be incredible!). You'll also have the opportunity to check out a traditional pottery demonstration with a local artisan revealing all the secrets to creating the perfect ceramics. Later this afternoon, why not grab some wine and find a perfect vantage point to enjoy the sunset - your leader will be able to give you some excellent recommendations.
4 - Cappadocia Today is your day to explore all that Cappadocia has to offer. If you're keen to get out and stretch your legs, why not head out on the Red Valley Hike, which takes you through Meskindir and Rose Valley. The natural sharp sandstone structures glow in the sun, and the trail takes you through a cave church with excellently preserved wall frescoes. If hiking is not your thing, why not explore the markets and street vendors in town. There is a wealth of incredible Turkish handiwork on display, from ceramics to intricately woven carpets. Don't forget to check out the Goreme Open Air Museum, where you can explore the fairy chimneys, cave churches and ancient villages. Tonight, you'll be hopping on an overnight bus to take you to Istanbul, so settle in and snooze the night away.
5 - Istanbul Rise and shine in Istanbul! Your overnight bus will arrive in the capital city of Turkiye early this morning, so after dropping your bags at your hotel, the day is yours to explore. With your group, you'll be heading off on a historical peninsula tour, where you'll be shown all the best bits of Istanbul and get a lay of the land. Your tour includes all the essential highlights for every new traveller, including Hagia Sophia, Hippodrome, Blue Mosque and Grand Bazaar. After hunting down some lunch (borek and Turkish coffee, anyone?), why not explore this incredible city by foot, there are so many hidden gems to uncover. Tonight, check in with your leader for the best spots to grab dinner, and why not rally the group to toast your adventure together.
6 - Istanbul This morning your adventure comes to an end. Say goodbye to your group leader and travel pals. If you would like to spend more time checking out all Istanbul has to offer, your leader will be able to give you the best tips for making the most of your time in the city.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans