Five Days in Morocco
From 17/12/2023 to 30/12/2024
It’s not a stretch to say that relaxing yoga lessons on the south coast are a highlight.
Limber up before using the same balancing manoeuvres on a surfboard in Taghazout – one of the best local spots for surfing.
Feel the pulse of Marrakech with an included street food dinner in the square – maybe even try the popular snail soup! Eat where the locals eat and taste authentic Morocco as you take in the bustling nightlife around you.
Experience Djemaa el-Fna Square as the sun descends and see one of the largest public spaces in the world come to life.
Watch street performers, listen to local storytellers and maybe even get a henna tattoo.
Get to know Essaouira, named ‘little picture’ for a reason – and rub shoulders with the locals as you traverse the picturesque, whitewashed walls with a local guide who knows all the go-to spots.
Whether it’s surfing, swimming or just lazing on the sand with a good book – exploring the local beaches in Morocco’s fishing villages is the perfect way to spend an afternoon.
By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Education for All.
Donations help them support girls in the High Atlas Mountains through secondary school, bringing a generation of women out of the cycle of illiteracy, poverty and early marriage.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Hotel (2 nights),Surf Camp (2 nights).
Private vehicle,public bus.
Age: min 18, max 29.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Marrakech – Street Food Experience.
Taghazout – Surfing Class.
Taghazout – One Hour Yoga Class.
Essaouira - Guided walking tour.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Marrakech Salaam Alaikum! Welcome to Morocco. This adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 4 pm. After meeting your fellow travellers and the group leader, tuck in for an awesome street food experience at the famous Djemaa el-Fna. This square is known as one of the largest public spaces in the world - it's truly an unmissable part of the city. As soon as the sun sets, the square comes to life with henna painters, performers and storytellers sharing the space with street food stands. The smells of the stalls will lure you in, and the tastes will keep you coming back for more. There are all sorts of excellent pastries, fresh juices, teas and even bowls of snail soup to go round, if you're feeling a little adventurous! As evening falls, you might want to grab dinner or explore the bustling nightlife of the city with your new travel buddies. Marrakech has some great rooftop bars - so find one with a view and order your favourite cocktail.
2 - Taghazout After breakfast this morning, travel to Taghazout. This cool, laid-back fishing village has quickly gained a solid reputation as one of the country's best surfing locations. The waters stay warm all year round, and the surf is top-notch for both rookies and adept wave riders (so there's no excuse not to catch some rolling waves). After getting your fill of the beautiful local beaches, maybe ask your leader for the best spots for a seafood dinner, before spending the night at a local surf camp.
3 - Taghazout Kick off your adventures in the sleepy town of Taghazout with an early morning yoga session, to help you relieve any tension before diving into the water once again. Oddly enough, the skills required for surfing and yoga tend to complement each other, through concentration, flexibility and balance. Good news, if you were planning on hitting the waves again today! Don't know how to ride a board or didn't get the chance yesterday? No stress - today includes a half-day surfing course to teach you the basics, and if you already know the ropes, there's always time to refine your skills in unfamiliar territory.
4 - Essaouira Get up early today if you want to catch the sunrise, then travel to the old fishing town of Essaouira. Along the way, stop by a female-led cooperative specialising in Argan production. Learn about how these women extract the Argan from the trees, watch the beans being roasted and pressed and then have the chance to taste the Argan oil and the paste, all made right here! Arrive at your destination - a place where the medina brushes up against the Atlantic Ocean. The name of the town translates to 'little picture' - so get your camera ready! It's safe to say you'll be taking lots of snaps during your time in this picturesque place. This artists' town has attracted visitors like Orson Welles and Jimi Hendrix, who (according to local legend) spent a lot of time here in the 1960s. Join your local leader for a walking tour through the old medina, Jewish mellah, port and by the skala (sea wall). Tonight's accommodation is a real treat and certainly one of the more stylish stays of your Moroccan adventure - so enjoy!
5 - Marrakech Chat with locals on a shared bus ride back to Marrakech. With no activities planned after arriving, you are free to leave at any time. Depart from the bus station or walk back to the hotel with your leader and depart from there. If you wish to extend your adventure, there are a range of optional activities to get to know this vibrant city a bit better. Why not become a Moroccan MasterChef in an Urban Adventure's cooking masterclass with a local guide? Journey through the souks of Marrakech and shop for the best ingredients before learning the insider tricks on how to whip up a deliciously authentic tagine in a classic riad setting while getting to know the family that lives there. To find out more about the Tajine Cookery Class, visit urbanadventures.com.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans