Sri Lanka Adventure for Teenagers - 9 Days
From 2022-01-15 to 2022-12-10
Breakfast daily, 5 lunches and 6 dinners.
2 nights 4 star hotel, 2 nights eco lodge and 4 nights camping.
4 half day game drives through Udawalawe National Park .
All relevant transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned tourism vehicles.
Rafting and canyoning in Kithulgala.
Airport arrival and departure transfer on days 1 and 9.
Escorted by an English speaking national guide.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Colombo Saturday. Welcome to Sri Lanka! On arrival in Colombo your family will be transferred to our hotel where the rest of today is free to relax in the hotel or explore at leisure.
Day 2 - Kitulgala Colombo - Kitulgala. This morning we enjoy a guided sightseeing tour of Colombo. Explore the old Fort Area in the north of the city and the impressive Gangaramaya Temple. The tour ends with a stroll along Galle Face Green, running parallel to the ocean. Expect to see locals flying kites in the sea breeze and playing games of cricket.
This afternoon we leave Colombo and travel to our Eco Lodge in Kitulgala. Enjoy a scenic family cycle ride through the countryside to Belilena Cave and admire the stunning views of our surroundings. Teens will enjoy exploring inside the spooky cave and remember to look out for bats hanging from the ceiling.
Day 3 - Kitulgala Prepare to get wet today as we enjoy a fun day out on the water that all the family will enjoy. Go white water rafting on the Kelani River and pass striking scenery as we navigate the rapids for 5km. Later we embark on a canyoning adventure through the jungle. Discover majestic waterfalls and enjoy rock sliding before we reach the pristine lagoon for a swim. We then return to our lodge for a well earned rest.
Day 4 - Kinchigune Nature Trail Kitulgala - Belihuloya. This morning we set off on the Kinchigune Nature Trail, a 6km trail that winds through forests and runs alongside the Belihuloya River. Walk past paddy fields and meet the friendly locals in charming villages before we stop for lunch. Later we enjoy canoeing on the tranquil Samanalawewa Reservoir. Soak up the rugged mountain scenery and spot butterflies fluttering around as you paddle. This evening we camp in Belihuloya village.
Day 5 - Horton Plains Today we explore the windy and wild Horton Plains National Park, 2,100m above sea level. Trek to the World’s End viewpoint for breathtaking views of the mountains and green jungle, then take a dip in Baker’s Falls. Keep an eye out for some of the many species that inhabit the park. Sambar deer, wild boars and langur monkeys all live here, and we may be lucky enough to spot some of these animals before we return to the campsite.
Day 6 - Udawalawe National Park Belihuloya - Udawalawe. Our wildlife spotting continues today as we travel to a comfortable tented campsite in the famous Udawalawe National Park, our home for the next two nights. Embark on an SUV safari and look out for some of the 400 hundred wild elephants that live in the park. Other species we may see include leopards, deer, crocodiles, sloth bears and buffalo. After our busy day of game spotting we return to our campsite for dinner.
Day 7 - Udawalawe National Park Spotting wild animals can be down to luck and if we didn’t manage to see all of Udawalawe’s iconic species yesterday then we have another chance today. Return to the park this morning and again after dark, when the leopards come out to hunt.
Day 8 - Colombo Udawalawe - Colombo. Take one final trip into the park this morning and then say goodbye to Udawalawe as we return to Colombo for a relaxing afternoon at leisure. You may wish to return to Galle Face Green for a family game of cricket or browse the local bazaar for souvenirs to take home for friends and family.
Day 9 - Colombo Our tour comes to an end today with an included departure transfer to the airport for your clan. We hope you enjoyed your holiday!
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans