Natural Wonders of Brazil - 12 Days
From 2021-05-08 to 2021-11-20
11 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 dinners.
7 nights 3 star hotels and 4 nights wetland lodge.
All relevant transfers and transportation.
Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 12.
3 economy class flights from Sao Paolo - Foz do Iguacu, Foz do Iguacu - Campo Grande and Campo Grande - Rio de Janeiro.
Excursion of the Argentine and Brazilian side of Iguazu Falls.
Schooner cruise around the bays and islands of Paraty.
Guided tour of Rio de Janeiro, Sugarloaf Mountain and Corcovado Mountain.
Pantanal Wetlands - 3 day full programme of excursions on foot, horseback and by boat or road.
Escorted by an experienced tour leader with the services of local guides.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1-2 - Rio De Janeiro Saturday. Bem Vindo ao Brazil! Upon arrival at the airport you will be met and transferred to our start hotel in Copacabana. The rest of the day is at your own leisure to explore the beautiful stretch of Copacabana beach.
The next day we have a guided tour of this extraordinary city of extremes, where the glamorous apartments of Rio’s rich and famous are set against the back drop of the favelas and half-built shanty towns that cling onto the hillsides. We take a cable car up to Sugarloaf Mountain to enjoy views of the city and board a steep rack-and-pinion railway which glides through the Tijuca National Park, the largest urban forest in the world, before reaching the summit of Corcovado Mountain. Here we marvel at the iconic 40-meter Christ the Redeemer statue which overlooks the city with arms outspread. On a clear day the views over the city and across the ocean are simply spectacular.
Day 3 - Paraty Rio de Janeiro - Paraty. We venture west of Rio this morning, through the high-rise suburbs as we drive along the ‘green coast’ to the colonial bay-side town of Paraty. This small-town, whose name means ‘river of fish’ in the indigenous Tupi language, is set on a beautiful stretch of the bay of Ilha Grande which is surrounded by pristine beaches and jungled mountains. The rest of the day is free to wander around the cobbled streets of this picturesque town and check out local art work in the many contemporary galleries. Be sure to try some of the amazing local fresh fish for lunch or dinner today.
Day 4 - Paraty Today we board a schooner and cruise south along the spectacular emerald coastline which is studded with tropical islands. We take some time to stop and explore hidden and hidden bays and take a swim in the shimmering waters of the picture-perfect beaches. Upon arrival back to Paraty we have the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 5-6 - Iguazu Falls (Brazil) Paraty - Foz do Iguacu. Today we depart Paraty and enjoy a scenic drive across the state border to Sao Paulo where we board our flight to Iguazu Falls. Upon arrival we’re transferred to our hotel in the town Foz do Iguacu, which is situated on the border between Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay. This is our base for excursions to the Argentine and Brazilian side of the spectacular Iguazu Falls, where a total of 275 falls thunder through dense forest over a 2.5km stretch.
At the u-shaped Devil’s throat we can hear the waterfalls crashing over the gorge and watch the water flow through the rainforest breaking up into smaller falls. Here we have the chance to spot colourful toucans perched in the leaves above the fierce waters. The Brazilian side of the falls offers broad panoramic views of the falls, while the Argentine side offers a series of walkways to explore the forest as we feel the spray from the falls.
Day 7-10 - Pantanal Foz do Iguacu - Pantanal. Bidding farewell to Iguazu Falls we travel on to the world’s largest wetland today, known as the Pantanal. After a flight to Campo Grande we continue by road into the vast wilderness where we reach our lodge which is also a working ranch.
Over the next three days we discover the remarkable flora and fauna of the wetlands, as we explore the rivers, marshes and savannahs with local guides. Take a 4WD by road and track tour through the open grasslands, swampland and permanently flooded bays. Ride a horse across the savannah, motorboat down the local rivers or paddle a canoe on one of the numerous waterways. There is an extraordinary variety of wildlife in the area including giant storks, howler monkeys, anteaters, armadillos as well as an array of birdlife in addition to the aquatic birds, including parakeets, macaws and toucans.
Day 11 - Rio De Janeiro Pantanal - Rio de Janeiro. We leave the wildlife-rich wetlands and fly back to Rio for our final night in one of the world's most exciting cities. Head to the edgy district of Lapa which is home to dozens of music halls offering live music entertainment and weekend street parties or sit back and try one of the famous steaks in a Brazilian Churasco.
Day 12 - Rio De Janeiro Wednesday. Our tour comes to an end today. Included transfer to the airport for your onward flight or we arrange some extra nights accommodation if you'd like to extend.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 February 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans