Cairo to Luxor Explorer - 6 Days
From 2020-01-19 to 2020-12-24
4 nights 4 - 5 star hotels.
1 overnight train: Cairo - Luxor (Private 2 berth sleeper cabin).
Touring of Cairo, Giza, Saqqara, Luxor and Dendera.
Airport arrival and departure transfer day 1 and day 6.
Services of an Egyptian tour guide degree qualified in Egyptology.
All relevant transfer and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Cairo Sunday. Welcome to Egypt and the start of your holiday! Arrive Cairo and included transfer to hotel. Welcome meeting at 7pm.
Day 2 - Pyramids of Giza Visit the legendary Pyramids of Giza and iconic Sphinx today, before continuing on to Saqqara to see Zhoser’s step pyramid.
Day 3 - Egyptian Museum Take a guided tour of the vast new Grand Egyptian Museum in Giza today. Spend the afternoon at leisure before we board the overnight sleeper train to Luxor. Note: The Grand Egyptian Museum is set to open in 2020. An official date has yet to be released. If travelling prior to the opening of the new facility we'll visit the Egyptian Museum this morning.
Day 4 - Luxor We arrive into Luxor this morning and drive to Dendera which is one of Egypt's best preserved temple complexes, located 60km north of Luxor. This vast complex covers 40,000 square meters and its temples, chapels and shrines were gradually built over thousands of years. Dendera's crowning glory is the 2000 year old Temple of Hathor with its exquisitely decorated ceiling. After our guided tour of this incredible site we return to Luxor where the afternoon if free to spend at leisure. Take a stroll around town or enjoy a refreshing swim in the pool and soak up the sunshine.
This evening there is an optional visit to view the beautiful Temple of Luxor at night. Book and pay locally.
Day 5 - Luxor 4000 year-old Luxor is ancient Egypt at its very best and this morning we visit Luxor’s famous West Bank. Our first stop is the famous Valley of the Kings, which is studded with beautifully decorated tombs, including the tombs of Ramses II, Seti I, Amenhotep II and of course, King Tutankhamen. After exploring this incredible site we travel on to visit the Valley of the Queens and the beautiful limestone, colonnaded Temple of Hatshepsut, who was one of only three Egyptian ruling queens. Our final stop on the West Bank is to see the imposing 18m-high Colossi of Memnon, which are all that remains of the temple of the hedonistic Amenophis III.
Returning to the hotel at around midday there's time to have lunch and relax by the pool before we visit the colossal Temple of Karnak later this afternoon. More than a temple, Karnak is a spectacular complex of sanctuaries, pylons, chapels, halls and obelisks, all dedicated to the Theban gods and to the greater glory of Egypt’s Middle and New Kingdom rulers.
Day 6 - Luxor Friday. Our tour comes to an end today with a transfer to Luxor airport for your onward flight. Alternatively we can book post tour accommodation upon request.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..