Best of Egypt for Teenagers - 8 Days
From 2020-01-05 to 2020-12-20
Breakfast daily, 1 lunch and 2 dinners.
5 nights 4-5 star hotels, 1 night aboard a felucca (open deck).
1 night overnight train Cairo – Aswan (Private 2 berth sleeper cabin).
Airport arrival and departure transfers on days 1 and 8.
Escorted by an Egyptian tour guide degree qualified in Egyptology.
Touring of Cairo, Giza, Aswan, Kom Ombo and Luxor.
Guided excursions to the Pyramids of Giza, Egyptian Museum, Philae Temple, Aswan market, Kom Ombo Temple, Valley of the Kings and Karnak Temple.
Camel riding in Aswan.
Guided motorboat and tour of Elephantine Island.
All relevant transfer and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Cairo Sunday. Welcome to Cairo and the start of your Egyptian adventure. You’ll be transferred to the hotel to enjoy your first evening in Egypt with your family at leisure.
Day 2 - Cairo Begin today with a visit to the Egyptian Museum, home to the legendary gold burial mask of Tutankhamun. For a small fee you may also visit the Royal Mummy Room. Walk around the City of the Dead and visit the famous church of Saint Simon - a 20,000 capacity Coptic Christian church tucked away in an enormous cave.
Day 3 - Pyramids of Giza Cairo - Aswan. This morning enjoy a guided tour of the most famous site in Egypt, the legendary Great Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx. Marvel at the colossal structures and explore inside one of the pyramids yourself, if you’re feeling brave. This evening, board the overnight train to Aswan.
Day 4 - Aswan Arrive in Aswan and visit the romantic Philae Temple - dedicated to the worship of the goddess Isis. Enjoy a boat trip to Elephantine Island where we’ll discover archaeological sites and visit a local school (if open), followed by a stop at a perfume oil emporium. This evening, barter with merchants at the vibrant Aswan market.
Day 5 - Aswan Aswan - Nile felucca cruise. Ride camels to St Simeon's Monastery before we board a traditional felucca sailboat. Enjoy quality family time as you spend the night onboard, sleeping under the stars.
Day 6 - Luxor Nile felucca cruise - Kom Ombo - Luxor. Enjoy a guided visit to the famous double temple at Kom Ombo before we drive to ancient Luxor. Spend time exploring with your family, why not visit the Mummification Museum to see mummified animals including crocodiles? This evening, optional excursion to see Luxor Temple at night, illuminated by hundreds of lights.
Day 7 - Luxor Visit the famous Valley of the Kings and enter the burial places of ancient Egyptian royals. Continue to the mortuary temple of the pharaoh Hatshepsut, before we stop to photograph the Colossi of Memnon. Enjoy the rest of today at leisure.
Day 8 - Luxor Visit the magnificent Karnak temple this morning and feel the power of the pharaohs as you explore the site, which took 1,500 years to complete. This afternoon marks the end of your tour - you and your clan will be transferred to the airport for your onward flight. Flights can be booked to depart after 1:30pm.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..