Best of Egypt for Teenagers - 8 Days
From 2022-05-29 to 2023-12-24
Breakfast daily, 1 lunch and 2 dinners.
5 nights 4-5 star hotels and 1 night aboard a felucca (open deck).
1 night overnight train Cairo to Aswan (private 2 berth sleeper cabin) including meals.
Airport arrival and departure transfers on days 1 and 8.
Escorted by an Egyptian tour guide, degree qualified in Egyptology.
Touring - Cairo, Giza, Aswan, Kom Ombo and Luxor.
Guided excursions to the Pyramids of Giza, Egyptian Museum, Philae Temple, Aswan Market, Kom Ombo Temple, the Valley of the Kings and Karnak Temple.
Camel ride in Aswan.
Guided motorboat and tour of Elephantine Island.
All relevant transfer and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Cairo Sunday. Welcome to Cairo! Upon arrival at Cairo airport you’ll be met by our representative and transferred to your hotel. Spend the rest of today relaxing or exploring Egypt’s vibrant capital city with your family.
Day 2 - Cairo Our day begins with a guided tour of the Grand Egyptian Museum, which houses a giant exhibition including the treasures of King Tutankhamun and his solid gold funerary mask. Then we head over to the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization to visit the Royal Mummies' Hall, where you can see the mummies of powerful pharaohs including Ramses II and Queen Hatshepsut. There are 20 mummies on display in total and some are so well preserved that they still have hair on their heads! Following the tour, we’ll return to the hotel the rest of the day is free for you to relax with your family by the pool.
Please Note: the Grand Egyptian Museum is scheduled to open in late 2022, though an official opening date has yet to be released. If travelling prior to the opening of the new facility we'll visit the Egyptian Museum instead.
Day 3 - Pyramids of Giza Cairo - Aswan. Today we discover the legendary Pyramids of Giza and the iconic Sphinx. Gaze in awe at the spectacular tombs, experts still can’t agree how the ancient Egyptians managed to build these giant structures. The largest of the pyramids, Cheops, was the tallest man-made building on Earth for 3,800 years. Explore inside the pyramids if you’re feeling adventurous. This afternoon offers free time before we say goodbye to Cairo and board the night train to Aswan.
Day 4 - Aswan We arrive in Aswan and visit the beautiful Philae Temple, dedicated to the Egyptian goddess Isis. The whole temple had to be relocated to nearby Agilkia Island in the 1960s due to flooding from Lake Nasser. We will briefly stop at a perfume oil emporium and after hotel check in and time to freshen up we take a motorboat ride across the mighty Nile to Elephantine Island. On our guided walk we'll discover the island’s fascinating archaeological sites and visit a local school (if open). Tonight, enjoy dinner at a local restaurant and then visit Aswan market. Barter for souvenirs and enjoy the traditional smells of herbs and spices in the air.
Day 5 - Aswan Aswan - Nile felucca cruise. Enjoy a ride on local transport this morning as we travel over the rolling sand dunes to St Simeon's Monastery on the back of a camel. This afternoon we leave Aswan and board a felucca - a traditional Egyptian sail boat. Sit on comfortable cushions to enjoy dinner and some quality family time onboard, before we settle down to sleep on deck, under the Egyptian night sky.
Please note: All minors (and adults who cannot swim) are required to wear a life jacket when the boat is sailing. Life jackets can be taken off when the boat is docked at shore.
Day 6 - Luxor Nile felucca cruise - Kom Ombo - Luxor. Disembarking our felucca we drive north toward Luxor, stopping to visit the Temple of Kom Ombo. After our guided tour we drive on to the 4,000-year-old city of Luxor, ancient Egypt at its very best. Tonight we offer an optional excursion (book and pay locally) to visit the Luxor Temple, beautifully illuminated in the night by hundreds of lights.
Day 7 - Luxor This morning we visit the famous Valley of the Kings - where pharaohs including the legendary Tutankhamun were buried. Explore some of the opulently decorated tombs before we continue to the Temple of Hatshepsut. We'll also stop to photograph the Colossi of Memnon - two gigantic stone statues of the Pharaoh Amenhotep III. The rest of today is free to enjoy at leisure.
Day 8 - Luxor Today your Egyptian adventure comes to an end. There’s time this morning for a visit to the magnificent Karnak Temple. See the Avenue of Sphinxes and feel the power of the pharaohs as you discover the ancient columns of this temple, which took 1,500 years to complete. We’ll then return to the hotel before you’re transferred to Luxor airport for your onward flight. Flights can be booked to depart after 1:30pm.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans