SOUTH AFRICA: FROM THE CAPE TO KRUGER
From 21/01/2022 to 21/09/2022
Breakfasts Included: 12.
Lunches Included: 6.
Dinners Included: 5.
Breakfasts Included: 12.
Lunches Included: 6.
Dinners Included: 5.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA Welcome to South Africa! Check in to your hotel and prepare for a fascinating journey.
Day 2 - CAPE TOWN This morning, visit Table Mountain for a cable-car ride to the top for stunning views of the city, Robben Island, and the Cape Winelands. Then, take a scenic drive south via Chapman's Peak Drive, which skirts the rocky coastline and is one of the most scenic drives in the world. Continue on to Cape Point Nature Reserve for stops at the Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point, the southwesternmost point on the African continent. Here, take a funicular ride to the steps of the old lighthouse for spectacular panoramic views. Return to Cape Town and enjoy the evening at your leisure. (B)
Day 3 - CAPE TOWN Enjoy a full day at leisure for your own discoveries. Perhaps explore the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, take an excursion to the stunning Cape Winelands for wine tasting, or go whale watching in nearby Hermanus (Jun.-Oct.) Your Tour Director has suggestions to help you make the most of your day. (B)
Day 4 - CAPE TOWN-STONY POINT NATURE RESERVE-HERMANUS-MOSSEL BAY This morning, depart Cape Town and drive to Stony Point Nature Reserve to see a colony of endangered African Penguins. Known for the unique sound they make, these penguins grow to an average height of two feet and live in burrows and rock crevices along the beach. Stop in Hermanus for independent exploration before reaching Mossel Bay for the evening. (B,D)
Day 5 - MOSSEL BAY-OUDTSHOORN-KNYSNA Drive north to Oudtshoorn and stop for a guided tour of the Cango Caves with its stunning limestone rock formations. You will also visit a local ostrich farm. Continue on to Knysna. (B,L)
Day 6 - KNYSNA. TSITSIKAMMA NATIONAL PARK RESERVE EXCURSION Today, explore the spectacular Tsitsikamma National Park for a walk through the spectacular indigenous coastal forest to the mouth of the Storms River. Cross the famous suspension bridge for views of the coastline and to see the Storms River Mouth Cave. Afterwards, return to Knysna for time to explore the waterfront or consider an optional cruise to see local marine life. (B)
Day 7 - KNYSNA-GQEBERHA-DURBAN-UMHLANGA. This morning, drive to Gqeberha for your flight to Durban. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel in the bustling Umhlanga Rocks area for the evening. (B)
Day 8 - UMHLANGA-MKUZE Today, drive to Mkuze in the heart of Zululand. After lunch, travel to the Lebombo mountains for a memorable walk to interact with local Zulu people and learn about their customs and life today in this rural community. (B,L,D)
Day 9 - MKUZE This morning, take a game drive in Mkuze Game Reserve, the oldest proclaimed wildlife reserve in all of Africa. The park is home to the "Big 5"-lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and Cape buffalo. You also have the chance to see giraffe, zebra, black and white rhino, and much more! After time to rest, embark on an afternoon boat ride on Lake Jozini. During the cruise, you are likely to spot hippo, Nile crocodile, elephant, and a variety of bird life. (B,L,D)
Day 10 - MKUZE-MHLAMBANYATSI, ESWATINI Today, drive to eSwatini. En route, stop at a local market and visit a glass factory where glass blowers use recycled glass to create stemware, animals, and more. (B,L)
Day 11 - ESWATINI-KRUGER NATIONAL PARK AREA Depart eSwatini and head north for the Kruger area. Enjoy leisure time at your lodge this afternoon in preparation for your day of game viewing in the world-renowned Kruger National Park tomorrow. (B,L,D)
Day 12 - KRUGER AREA Rise between 5 am and 5:30 am for coffee and tea before your early morning game drive with an experienced guide. If the timing is right, you might spot some of the big cats after a night of hunting. Spend some time at leisure in the middle of the day. Perhaps book a spa treatment or simply relax at the pool. Be sure to watch for kudu, impala, giraffe, cheetah, spotted hyena, and more on your afternoon game drive. Return to your lodge for dinner. (B,L,D)
Day 13 - KRUGER AREA-JOHANNESBURG. A leisurely morning before a flight to Johannesburg. Your holiday ends at the airport. Schedule departing flights after 5:30 pm.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans