From 13/06/2021 to 12/01/2022
Breakfasts Included: 14.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 5.
Breakfasts Included: 14.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 5.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN FRANKFURT AREA, GERMANY. Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travellers.
Day 2 - FRANKFURT AREA-WEIMAR-BERLIN. Our first stop today is in Weimar, one-time intellectual heart of Germany and host to such luminaries as Luther, Cranach, Bach, Liszt, Schiller, and, of course, Goethe himself. It was at one time rightly known as the "Athens of Germany." Continue through Thuringia and Saxony-Anhalt all the way to Germany's capital city, Berlin. (B) Today's Distance: 357 mi/ 575 km
Day 3 - BERLIN On this morning's included guided tour, learn how the city is no longer divided but every bit as fascinating. Once the city of contrasts with its West and East side separated into two different worlds by a wall, Berlin has developed into a harmonious blend of old and new. It has preserved the old buildings, such as the State Opera House and Brandenburg Gate; its Neoclassic-style boulevards, such as the Kurfurstendamm and Unter den Linden. This is now complemented by brand new buildings in the most daring, contemporary architectural styles. It is once again Germany's capital and one of Europe's most lively and interesting cities. (B)
Day 4 - BERLIN-POZNAN, POLAND- WARSAW. Drive east to Poznan, one of Poland's oldest trading centres, and admire its Renaissance market square. Continue to Warsaw, capital of Poland. (B) Today's Distance: 367 mi/ 590 km
Day 5 - WARSAW The included sightseeing tour is an excellent introduction to Warsaw, magnificently reconstructed after wartime destruction. Today, its wide avenues contrast strikingly with the narrow lanes of the old section. (B,D)
Day 6 - WARSAW-JASNA G¿RA- AUSCHWITZ-KRAK¿W. Two encounters with history on your southbound journey today. First, Jasna Gora in Czestochowa, the monastery that withstood the repeated onslaught of overwhelming Swedish forces during the religious wars of the 17th century. Since then, its Black Madonna has become the country's national symbol. In the afternoon, visit what is left of the Auschwitz Concentration Camp, a chilling reminder of the Holocaust. Evening arrival in Krakow. (B,D) Today's Distance: 289 mi/ 465 km
Day 7 - KRAK¿W. This, they say, is Poland's most beautiful city. For almost 500 years it was the country's capital, and today, it is without a doubt its cultural capital. Join the included morning sightseeing in ancient Krakow, for centuries the residence of Polish kings. See the Market Square, the Jewish Quarter, St. Mary's Church, and visit Wawel Cathedral. Free time later to explore this interesting town at your own pace and mingle with the locals. (B)
Day 8 - KRAK¿W-BUDAPEST, HUNGARY. Travel through three countries today. First, south to the Tatra Mountains of Poland, then through scenic Slovakia, and finally into Hungary. Your destination is Budapest, the liveliest Eastern European capital. (B,D) Today's Distance: 245 mi/ 395 km
Day 9 - BUDAPEST Budapest is a treasure trove of architectural wonders, from Gothic to Baroque; Neoclassical to Art Nouveau, but also full of history, a food capital, and surprisingly rich in thermal waters. Discover all of this and more during the included guided city tour. (B)
Day 10 - BUDAPEST-BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA-VIENNA, AUSTRIA. Journey northwest and cross the border into neighbouring Slovakia. Stop in Bratislava, its intriguing capital on the banks of the Danube to explore the medieval Old Town. Continue west and enter Austria, arriving in magical Vienna. (B) Today's Distance: 174 mi/ 280 km
Day 11 - VIENNA Join the included city sightseeing tour for an introduction to the major sights: the State Opera, Parliament, the ornate Rathaus (Town Hall), and views of the Hofburg Imperial Palace from Heroes' Square. You'll have plenty of time to discover Vienna on your own or join our wonderful optional excursions. (B)
Day 12 - VIENNA-PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC. Morning at leisure or join an optional excursion. This afternoon, cross the Czech border into Moravia, then through the rich farmlands of Bohemia to Prague. (B,D) Today's Distance: 208 mi/ 335 km
Day 13 - PRAGUE The wealth of Gothic and Baroque architecture perhaps inspired Dvorak and Smetana, both Prague composers. The included guided sightseeing features landmarks such as the Jewish Quarter, Charles Bridge, and the Old Town Square with the astronomical clock. Your Tour Director may suggest an optional evening excursion with traditional Czech music and entertainment. (B)
Day 14 - PRAGUE-NUREMBERG-GERMANY, FRANKFURT AREA. This morning visit Nuremberg with its pretty market square and Our Lady's Church before heading towards the Frankfurt Area. (B,D) Today's Distance: 323 mi/ 520 km
Day 15 - FRANKFURT AREA. Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 18 June 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans