FATIMA, LOURDES & SHRINES OF SPAIN
From 18/05/2021 to 03/01/2022
Breakfasts Included: 11.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 7.
Breakfasts Included: 11.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 7.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN LISBON, PORTUGAL. Welcome to Portugal! Check into your hotel and, this evening, meet your Tour Director and fellow travellers.
Day 2 - LISBON-SANTAREM-FATIMA. On your guided sightseeing tour of the capital of Portugal, see the enormous monument dedicated to Henry the Navigator, as well as the 16th-century Belem Tower, the Moorish citadel, and impressive Black Horse Square. Visit the Cathedral la Se', where St. Anthony was baptised, and St. Anthony Church, where it is said he was born. Admire the beauty of St. Mary of Belem Church, part of the Jeronimos Monastery complex. Leave Lisbon and stop in Santarem to visit the Church of the Eucharistic Miracle. Arrive in Fatima, one of the most famous Catholic shrines. Enjoy an orientation walk and visit the Tomb of the Visionaries and the Chapel of the Apparitions made famous by the Virgin Mary's 1917 appearances to three shepherd children, which culminated in the revelation of the Three Secrets of Fátima. This evening, join pilgrims from around the world for the Rosary and candlelight procession at the Our Lady of Fatima Basilica. (B,D) Today's Distance: 99 mi / 160 km
Day 3 - FATIMA Today, spend the day at the Sanctuary at leisure, or join an optional excursion to Tomar with a visit to the Monastery-Fortress of the Knights Templar. Attend Mass at the Sanctuary of Our Lady with time to wander on your own. This evening, perhaps, join the Rosary. (B,D)
Day 4 - FATIMA-BRAGA-SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA, SPAIN. Journey north this morning and stop in Braga, one of the oldest Christian cities in the world and nicknamed the "Portuguese Rome." Visit the Bom Jesus Do Monte Sanctuary, an important pilgrimage site, where devout followers have walked the "Stations of the Cross" for contemplation and penance since 1811. See the unique zigzag stairway dedicated to the five senses: sight, smell, hearing, touch, and taste-and the three theological virtues: faith, hope, and charity. Continue into Spain and head for Santiago de Compostela, one of the top pilgrimage destinations since the Middle Ages. On arrival, an orientation walk introduces you to the old city centre. This year, you will have the exceptional opportunity to celebrate the Holy Jacobean Year by walking through the Door of Glory. The faithful believe their sins will be forgiven after praying in the Cathedral and attending Mass, in addition to having received the Sacrament of confession within 15 days of their visit. Then, attend the Pilgrim Mass. (B,D) Today's Distance: 273 mi / 440 km
Day 5 - SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA This morning, join an optional excursion to Cabo Finisterre, where pilgrims have traditionally completed their walk and burned their robes. Later, return to Santiago de Compostela, known throughout history for the key 9th-century pilgrimage route, the Camino de Santiago (Way of St. James) with time to explore on your own. (B)
Day 6 - SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA- BURGOS. Today, travel to Burgos, historic capital of Old Castile. Your visit takes you to the magnificent Cathedral, a masterpiece of Gothic architecture and burial place of Spain's national hero, El Cid. (B) Today's Distance: 304 mi / 490 km
Day 7 - BURGOS-LOYOLA-LOURDES, FRANCE. Travel through the Basque region toward Lourdes. En route, stop at the 17th-century Sanctuary of Loyola, built in honour of San Ignacio de Loyola, founder of the Jesuit religious order. This year, we celebrate 500 years since his conversion. Cross into France and stay overnight in Lourdes, home to another world famous place of pilgrimage. Join the nightly Rosary and candlelight procession for a memorable spiritual experience. (B,D) Today's Distance: 280 mi / 450 km
Day 8 - LOURDES Today, a local spiritual expert will introduce you to this important Marian Shrine. You will see all the main sites and hear the story of how the Virgin Mary appeared to St. Bernardette in 1858. The afternoon is at leisure to further explore this little market town. According to the schedule, attend Mass at the Sanctuary either early in the morning or in the evening. (B,D)
Day 9 - LOURDES-CARCASSONNE- MONTSERRAT, SPAIN. This morning, head for the France/Spain border. En route, visit the fortified citadel of Carcassonne, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. See the ramparts, castle walls, and drawbridges that are still well preserved from the Middle Ages. Stay overnight in Catalonia's impressive location of the Marian shrine of Montserrat. (B,D) Today's Distance: 367 mi / 590 km
Day 10 - MONTSERRAT-MANRESA- BARCELONA. Visit the Sanctuary of Montserrat this morning, then attend Mass. Continue to the town of Manresa, known for its Basilica of Saint Mary of Seo, but more importantly for Pont Vell, a bridge associated with the worship of San Ignacio de Loyola. See the architectural compound of Santa Cova, the sanctuary home of St. Ignacio de Loyola, founder of the Jesuits, when he stayed in the city. Later, reach Barcelona, the lively capital of Catalunya. (B) Today's Distance: 56 mi / 90 km
Day 11 - BARCELONA Get to know the city on a guided sightseeing tour including a drive around Montjuic to see the Olympic Stadium for a great panoramic view of the port and city. Continue to the city centre's Plaza Catalunya and Paseo de Gracia to admire the facades of Gaudi's eccentric Houses Batllo and Mila, as well as his Sagrada Familia, an unfinished architectural masterpiece that is a modern consecrated expression of the Catholic faith. Celebrate Mass, then, this evening, enjoy dinner at a local restaurant to celebrate faith, life, and friendship. (B,D)
Day 12 - BARCELONA Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans