HOLY LAND DISCOVERY WITH JORDAN
From 27/08/2021 to 29/12/2021
Breakfasts Included: 10.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 7.
Breakfasts Included: 10.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 7.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN TEL AVIV, ISRAEL. Welcome to Israel! Check into your hotel and enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. This evening, meet your Tour Director and fellow travellers.
Day 2 - TEL AVIV-JAFFA-CAESAREA- MEGIDDO-NAZARETH. Enjoy a full day exploring some of the Holy Land's ancient biblical and modern sights. Begin by driving to the old port of Jaffa, an atmospheric town, where Jonah set sail before he was swallowed by the whale. Continue to Caesarea, an ancient port turned incredible archaeological zone. Built by Herod the Great in the 1st century BC, the city was one of the most splendid in ancient Palestine and its capital for more than 600 years. Admire what remains of Herod's grandiose building works, including the restored 3,500-seat Roman theatre, the aqueduct, harbour, and the crumbled moat and towers from the 12th-century crusader fortress. From here, travel to the archaeological site of Megiddo, an age-old fortified town with 25 layers of archaeological findings and one of the world's most important biblical sites. According to the New Testament, this is where the Battle of Armageddon will take place, the final struggle between good and evil, which will prompt the return of Jesus to defeat the Antichrist and cast Satan into the abyss. Continue to Nazareth to visit the Church of the Annunciation, where the Archangel Gabriel told Mary she would conceive and give birth to Jesus, the Son of God. This evening you may have an opportunity to join a candlelight procession starting from the Church of the Annunciation square. (B,D) Today's Distance: 121 mi / 195 km
Day 3 - NAZARETH. EXCURSION TO BET SHE'AN. Attend one of the early morning Mass services if you wish, then join today's included excursion. Bet She'an is one of the best preserved archaeological sites of this region and well worth some time to wander around. Ongoing excavations at this UNESCO World Heritage site revealed time-worn colonnadestyle streets, bathhouses, and a theatre with perfect acoustics. (B) Today's Distance: 48 mi / 77 km
Day 4 - NAZARETH. EXCURSION TO MAGDALA-SEA OF GALILEE-TABGHACAPERNAUM-MOUNT OF BEATITUDESCANA. Today, celebrate Mass in Magdala, home to Mary Magdalene, then skirt the Sea of Galilee, and enjoy its scenic beauty. Continue to Tabgha and visit the church commemorating the miracle of Jesus feeding 5,000 people with two fish and five loaves. On to Capernaum, home to the Apostles Peter, Andrew, James, John, and Matthew, and to Jesus himself. Here, you'll see its ancient Synagogue and the House of St. Peter. Spend some time in the gardens on the Mount of Beatitudes, where Jesus delivered his famous sermon, and meditate its significance. On the way back to Nazareth, stop in Cana, site of the wedding miracle. (B,D) Today's Distance: 91 mi / 147 km
Day 5 - NAZARETH-QASR EL YAHUD- BETHLEHEM-JERUSALEM. Enjoy a spectacular drive through the Jordan Valley. Stop at the Qasr el Yahud baptismal site where, according to tradition, Jesus was baptised by St. John the Baptist. Continue to Bethlehem, birthplace of Jesus and King David. Visit one of Christianity's holiest places, the Church of the Nativity, built over the cave thought to be the spot where Jesus was born. Here, you will have time to pray and attend Mass, if you like. Reach the holy city of Jerusalem in the late afternoon. (B,D) Today's Distance: 119 mi / 192 km
Day 6 - JERUSALEM A day of reflection awaits as you set off on a walking tour of Jerusalem's Old Town. From the Mount of Olives, take in memorable views over the city's domes, walls, and rooftops before strolling in the Garden of Gethsemane, where Jesus prayed on the night before his arrest. Your guide will then lead you into the Jewish quarter, pointing out the Western Wall with its prayer notes tucked between the stones, and the Dome of the Rock, the gold-topped mosque on Temple Mount. Walk the famous Via Dolorosa (Way of the Cross), following in Jesus' footsteps as he bore the cross to Calvary for his crucifixion and burial, where the Basilica of the Holy Sepulchre now stands. Later this afternoon, attend Mass, if you like. (B)
Day 7 - JERUSALEM. OPTIONAL EXCURSION TO MASADA & THE DEAD SEA. Today is free to relax, explore Jerusalem at leisure, revisit some of the most significant places of worship, or join an exciting optional excursion to the Dead Sea, the planet's lowest point on dry land. Travel through the mountainous Judean Desert and pass the Qumran Caves, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered. Ride the cable car up to the magnificent Fortress of Masada, perched high on a clifftop plateau above the Dead Sea, where 960 Jewish rebels made their last stand against Roman forces in 73 AD. Later, head for the shores of the Dead Sea, where you'll have some time to experience the incredible buoyancy in the salt water. Toward the end of the afternoon, return to Jerusalem. (B,D)
Day 8 - JERUSALEM, ISRAEL-PETRA, JORDAN. Drive to Allenby Bridge, and cross the border into Jordan. Arrive at Bethany beyond the Jordan. Stop at Mount Nebo, where Moses saw the Promised Land and where he is believed to be buried. Next, travel to ancient Madaba, the "City of Mosaics." See the spectacular Byzantine mosaics and the precious 6th-century mosaic map of the Holy Land, and visit St. George Church. (B,D) Today's Distance: 174 mi / 280 km
Day 9 - PETRA-AMMAN. This morning, visit the archaeological site of Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the New7Wonders of the World. Enjoy an unforgettable experience as you walk down the siq, the narrow gorge made famous in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and stand in awe in front of the iconic Treasury. This afternoon, travel north to Amman for two overnight stays. (B,D) Today's Distance: 155 mi / 250 km
Day 10 - AMMAN. EXCURSION TO JERASH, AJLOUN & ANJARA. Begin your day with a stop in Jerash, which was inhabited as early as 3200 BC. Although the city was impacted by the earthquake of 749 AD, it is the site of the best preserved Greco-Roman ruins in the Middle East. Travel through beautiful pine forests and olive groves before arriving in Ajloun, where Hadrian stayed during the winter of 129-130 AD. Next on the agenda is the biblical city of Anjara, where Jesus, his disciples, and the Virgin Mary stopped and rested in a cave as they travelled between Jerusalem and Galilee. Today, the cave is a holy place for pilgrims. (B,D) Today's Distance: 155 mi / 250 km
Day 11 - AMMAN Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans