SOUTH AMERICAN GETAWAY WITH SANTIAGO AND EASTER ISLAND
From 05/10/2021 to 16/11/2021
Breakfasts Included: 14.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 4.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL Welcome to Rio de Janeiro! At 3:30pm, meet your Tour Director for a drive along Ipanema and Copacabana beaches. Cable-car ascent to the summit of Sugar Loaf Mountain for spectacular views and a cocktail party to sample caipirinhas (the famous Brazilian rum drink).
Day 2 - RIO DE JANEIRO RIO DE JANEIRO Guided sightseeing includes a scenic cog railway ride to see Christ the Redeemer statue atop Corcovado Mountain. Visit the Cathedral and see the Sambodromo, Carnival Parade location. Brazilian Churrascaria (traditional Portuguese BBQ) dinner at a local restaurant this evening. (B,D)
Day 3 - RIO DE JANEIRO RIO DE JANEIRO Free day. (B) ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Rio de Janeiro with an excursion to Petropolis, (former summer palace of Emperor Dom Pedro II). This and more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.
Day 4 - RIO DE JANEIRO-IGUASSU FALLS RIO DE JANEIRO Fly to Iguassu Falls. IGUASSU FALLS Guided sightseeing with a Local Guide in Iguassu National Park on the Brazilian side of the falls. (B,D)
Day 5 - IGUASSU FALLS IGUASSU FALLS Travel to the Argentine side of Iguassu Falls. Visit the rainforest via Ecological Jungle Train for a guided walking tour of the falls by a Local Guide. Free time this afternoon and evening. (B)
Day 6 - IGUASSU FALLS-BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA IGUASSU FALLS Fly to Buenos Aires. BUENOS AIRES Orientation tour. (B)
Day 7 - BUENOS AIRES BUENOS AIRES Guided sightseeing with a Local Guide includes a walking tour of La Boca and San Telmo districts. See La Casa Rosada (the President's Pink House); the Metropolitan Cathedral, and the Teatro Colon Opera House. Visit the burial site of Eva Peron at Recoleta Cemetery. Argentinean empanada cooking class. Private Tango lesson followed by Argentine steak dinner and Tango show. (B,D)
Day 8 - BUENOS AIRES BUENOS AIRES Scenic drive to the pampas to visit an Argentine estancia (ranch). Welcome reception includes empanadas, local beverages, and wine. Authentic Argentine lunch with live music, followed by a horseback ride or carriage ride and a gaucho (cowboy) horsemanship performance. (B,L)
Day 9 - BUENOS AIRES-SANTIAGO BUENOS AIRES Fly to Santiago. SANTIAGO Meet your Monograms representative. Free time this afternoon.(B,D)
Day 10 - SANTIAGO SANTIAGO Guided sightseeing with a Local Guide includes the Government Palace, Plaza de Armas, San Cristobal Hill, and the Cathedral. Free time this afternoon and evening. (B)
Day 11 - SANTIAGO-EASTER ISLAND SANTIAGO Fly to Easter Island. EASTER ISLAND Transfer to your hotel. (B)
Day 12 - EASTER ISLAND EASTER ISLAND Private guided sightseeing including Ahu Vaihu, where eight large moai lie in ruins, and the ancient burial site of Ahu Akahanga. Next, visit the quarry of Rano Raraku where 394 statues are found in various stages of completion. In the afternoon, visit Ahu Tongariki with 15 beautifully restored moai, and at Ahu Te Pito Kura, see the largest moai ever transported and erected. Last stop is Anakena Beach where King Hotu Matu'a first landed on Rapa Nui. (B,L)
Day 13 - EASTER ISLAND EASTER ISLAND This morning, your private tour visits the Rano Kau Volcano, with a caldera that contains one of the island's freshwater lakes. At the nearby ceremonial village of Orongo, see the restored houses and remains of an ancient Ahu. Head to Ana Kai Tagata, an ancient cave with wall paintings on the rock. This afternoon, visit Ahu Akivi, with seven restored moais in the middle of the island. According to legend, the statues represent the seven scouts sent to Easter Island by King Hotu Matu'a. Finally, visit the Puna Pau topknot quarry with its red scoria stone, where the Pukaos on top of the moai were made. (B)
Day 14 - EASTER ISLAND-SANTIAGO EASTER ISLAND Fly to Santiago. SANTIAGO Free time this evening. (B)
Day 15 - SANTIAGO Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans