From 01-May-2021 to 30-Sep-2021
Experiences in four destinations.
Locally-inspired dining - a total of 11 meals.
Expert APT Driver-Guide.
Stay at APT's exclusive Bungle Bungle Wilderness Lodge.
Watch the sunset over the iconic Bungle Bungle Range with a glass of bubbly in hand.
Set out on a hike to Echidna Chasm, a striking natural wonder within the national park.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Kununurra Today we meet you on arrival in Kununurra and transfer you to your hotel. Take some time to settle in and spend the rest of the afternoon at leisure before dinner. Be sure to get a good night's sleep before your journey to Purnululu National Park tomorrow.
Day 2 - Kununurra, Purnululu National Park, Piccaninny Creek, Cathedral Gorge Head south on the Great Northern Highway, bound for Purnululu National Park. The park is home to the famed black and orange striped domes of the Bungle Bungle Range, towering 578 metres above sea level. Standing over a grass-covered plain, steep cliffs form the western face. Created by the constant erosion of river movements over a staggering 20 million years, the range has both geological and Indigenous cultural significance. It is an imposing sight and one that you are sure to remember forever. Catch your first glimpse of the range before venturing to the southern end of the park to explore Piccaninny Creek, a winding gorge within the domes. Your next stop is Cathedral Gorge, a natural amphitheatre of red rock, created by millions of years of water erosion. This spacious cavern is renowned for its acoustics, and you'll see why as you wander through it. Later tonight, settle into the tranquil ambience of Bungle Bungle Wilderness Lodge, located in the heart of the national park. Recount the day's adventures as you sit down to dinner with your fellow guests this evening.
Day 3 - Purnululu National Park, Osmand Lookout, Echidna Chasm After breakfast, start your day of discovery with a short walk to Osmand Lookout and pause to take in the views over the Osmand Range and surrounding landscape. Afterwards, set out on a hike to Echidna Chasm, a natural cleft in the rock that reaches a staggering 200 metres in height while only being one metre wide at certain points. As you follow a Livistona palm-fringed trail, see striking colour variations dance along the walls of this narrow cleft as the sun beams down into it. Afterwards, return to your wilderness lodge, where you may like to relax on your private deck before a delicious dinner this evening.
Day 4 - Purnululu National Park, Kununurra Today, visit a local Indigenous community and gain an insight into their culture (when available). Then it's time to farewell the Bungle Bungle Range and travel along the Spring Creek Track through rugged red landscapes before returning to Kununurra.
Day 5 - Kununurra Your journey comes to an end today with a transfer to the airport for your onward flight.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 September 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..