Turkish Delight - 8 Days
From 2020-08-08 to 2020-10-10
Breakfast daily, 6 lunches and 7 dinners.
7 nights aboard an air-conditioned gulet in a shared cabin with ensuite bathroom with shower (equivalent to 3 star standard of accommodation).
Services of gulet crew.
Applicable port taxes.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Bodrum Welcome to your gulet, your home for the following 7 nights, please note that embarkation begins at 3:30pm. Bodrum is a popular resort town with both foreign tourists and Istanbul – based weekenders. It‘s appeal mostly lies in its as yet undiscovered beauty by the masses yet this is changing with wealthy yacht owners mooring here on the way to far flung places and more tourists coming due to other areas such as Marmaris and Kusadasi becoming overcrowded. There are many watersport activities to take part in or perhaps an exploration of the incredible Castle of St Peter, built in 1406 by the Knights of St John to replace the fortress at Smyrna that had been destroyed by the Mongols. The castle is now home to the Museum of Underwater Archaeology and is well worth the visit.
Day 2 - Seven Islands Bodrum - Kufre Bay. After a leisurely start this morning your crew will set course for our first stop, Orak Island. This uninhabited island is surrounded by crystal blue waters and you'll have plenty of time to swim in this idyllic environment.
After lunch we'll continue to the Seven Islands region, where we'll find small islands with vibrant coral reefs. You'll have the opportunity to take a walk through the pine forest that covers these unpopulated islands. After exploring the many inlets and bays of the area we'll head to our final stop of the day, Kufre Bay, where we'll enjoy dinner and our overnight stay.
Day 3 - Tuzla and Longoz Bay Kufre Bay - Balli Su. Enjoy a refreshing morning swim to get you ready for the day ahead. Our first point of call today will be Tuzla Bay, with rugged coastline and calm blue waters, it's a perfect place to unwind and breath in the serenity.
After a delicious lunch your boat will meander it's way to Longoz Bay, a stunning spot, surrounded by pine trees. You might want to take a swim or relax with a book.
Later we'll continue to Balli Su where we'll anchor for the night and enjoy dinner on board.
Day 4 - Cleopatra Island Balli Su - Okluk Bay. We head for Cleopatra (Sedir) Island, famed for it's elegant white sand beaches and Byzantine ruins. It's believed that Cleopatra and Antonius used to swim here, whilst the sand is said to have been brought to this part of Turkey from Egypt. After some time to explore the beach and the surrounding area we'll set sail for Okluk bay, our overnight spot.
Day 5 - Ayinda Bay Okluk Bay - Ayinda. Today an optional excursion will be offered, starting at Turtle Beach, a large breeding ground for the rare and endangered loggerhead sea turtles. You'll then continue through the green delta of Dalyan before reaching the ancient rock tombs from English Harbour. English Harbour is named after the large British Navy presence which was docked here during World War II.
This afternoon you'll have a chance to take a dip before we make our way to the beautiful bay of Ayinda, where we'll anchor for the night.
Day 6 - Cokertme Fishing Village Ayinda - Kisebuku. We'll sail to the picturesque fishing village of Cokertme this morning, where you'll have the opportunity to take a walk along the shore and take in the relaxed atmosphere. Centred around the beach this sleepy town is free from the swathes of tourists you mind find further along the coast.
After lunch we'll continue to Kisebuku, our anchor spot for the night. A deserted beach awaits us, with ruins dotted along the shore. Feel free to explore the area or simply relax on board, but be sure to return to the boat for dinner.
Day 7 - Pabucburnu Kisebuku - Bodrum. Our final day of sailing takes to Pabucburnu before we head back to the bustling port of Bodrum. There will be an optional tour for those that wish to visit the nearby village to gain an insight in to the local life and culture.
Arriving back into Bodrum Port this afternoon, we'll enjoy a final farewell dinner on board.
Day 8 - Bodrum Bodrum. After breakfast tour arrangements draw to a close and you'll disembark the boat at 10.30am. If you need an onward transfer to the airport this can be arranged at the time of booking. We hope you have enjoyed your adventure through Turkey and Greece.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 12 August 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..