Croatia Sailing Adventure - 8 Days
From 2021-05-01 to 2021-09-25
Bedlinen and a bath towel each, for personal use (extra towels can be rented locally for EUR 3 and beach towels EUR 5, per week/towel).
Continental breakfast daily, 7 (3-course) lunches and 1 litre of bottled water per day.
7 nights accommodation aboard a traditional sailing ship, in twin bunk cabins with shared shower/toilet facilities (no A/C).
7 days sailing off the Dalmatian Coast in the Adriatic Sea.
Services of captain and onboard crew.
Opportunities to swim, snorkel, soak up the sun, hike and bike ride.
Sightseeing in Dubrovnik and daily happy hours.
Most port taxes and visitor fees.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Split & Stari Grad, Hvar Saturday. Split to Stari Grad, Hvar. Hello Croatia and welcome aboard! Located in the heart of Dalmatia, Split became a popular retirement destination in the 4th century for Roman emperors such as Diocletian. Today, it is renowned for its variety of archaeological, historical and cultural monuments among them the UNESCO listed Diocletian Palace.
Enjoy lunch while cruising towards Stari Grad on the island of Hvar. This afternoon you can enjoy some free time to explore the beautiful streets and picturesque squares of what is reputedly one of Croatia's oldest towns. Or you can head out of town towards Stari Grad plains, which are one of the earliest examples of the ancient Greek agricultural systems, both the town and the plains were inscribed as UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Don’t miss the boat! Cruise departs from SPLIT HARBOUR ON SATURDAY AT 13:00. If you do require pre-tour accommodation, we are able to offer suggestions. Check in today is from 11 am to 12 midday.
Day 2 - Hvar Stari Grad - Hvar .This morning we continue towards the jet-set port and medieval town of Hvar enjoying lunch onboard. This afternoon there will be some free time to discover the highlights of the town including its 13th Century walls, Hilltop fortress or soak up the atmosphere walking around the main square of St Stephen. During the evening Hvar town is renowned for its glitz, glamour and legendry nightlife and the place to be seen.
Day 3 - Mljet Island Hvar - Mljet. Today we say farewell to Hvar and cruise towards Mljet island with a stop along the way for a refreshing swim. Mljet National Park covers the north west part of the island and features saltwater lakes and an enchanting emerald green forest which surrounds them. The entrance ticket payable locally approx. EUR 15 includes a boat ride to St. Mary's Isle. Alternatively, you can rent a kayaks or bicycles to explore the island on your own. Overnight in the port of Pomena or Polace
Day 4 - Magical Dubrovnik Mljet - Dubrovnik. Early this morning we depart for Dubrovnik. Known for its history dating back centuries, striking medieval city walls and shining white limestone streets, Dubrovnik has rightfully earned the nickname 'Pearl of the Adriatic'. Here we will enjoy a guided tour of this enchanting city, home to picturesque stone buildings and bright terracotta roofs. As we overnight on board the ship in Dubrovnik why not head out to discover this magical city at night, strolling down Palaca street or sipping a cocktail by the sea.
Day 5 - Korcula Dubrovnik - Korcula. After breakfast we depart for Korcula island, abound with rustic charm this medieval settlement is believed to be the birthplace of explorer Marco Polo. Korcula town is famous for its fortified city walls, lively medieval port and the impressive herringbone patterned streets. Once evening falls there are plenty of bars and restaurants for you to head out to.
Day 6 - Makarska Korcula - Makarska. This morning we depart from Korcula, after lunch and a swim stop, later this afternoon we arrive in Makarska where the ship will dock overnight. The wide promenade of Makarska is bursting with fashionable cafes, restaurants and bars. In the evening why not head out to enjoy the nightlife, a visit to the famous disco in a sea cave is a must.
Day 7 - Omiš - Split Makarska - Omis- After breakfast we depart towards Omis, where you can join the optional river rafting experience on the Cetina River. Later on we arrive back into Split don't miss out on seeing the numerous sights and shops in this city, experience the beauty and night life and see why this Split has become so popular with young people from all round the world.
Day 8 - Split Saturday – Split. Early breakfast after which it is time to say goodbye to the crew and all your new friends!
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 05 November 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..