Ecuador Amazon Jungle - 4 days
Discover the secrets of the Ecuadorian Amazon on this breathtaking tour into the heart of the jungle. Take guided walks to discover the abundant plant and animal life that call this part of the Amazon home. Awake to the exotic sound of birdcalls and discover the thrill of sleeping in this secluded spot deep in the Ecuadorian jungle.
Travel Dates: From 16/09/2019 to 03/01/2021
Duration: 4 days
Departing From: Quito
Call 0800 24 35 44 and
quote deal number 2536374
- Explore the majestic rainforest however you’d like – jungle treks, dugout canoe safaris, or by relaxing in a hammock and keeping an eye on the wildlife
Expert guides will reveal extraordinary wildlife – caiman, otters, sloths, parrots, monkeys, hoatzin, monkeys, capybaras, anacondas – and provide insights into the area's importance to the local communities
Staying in the depths of the Amazon is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that defines the saying of ‘off the beaten track’
Breakfasts Included: 3
Lunches Included: 3
Dinners Included: 3
Jungle Lodge (3 nts)
Age: min 5
Group Size: 1 - 4
Daily Amazon jungle activities lead by an English speaking local guide
Day 1: Quito / Amazon Jungle
Bienvenidos! Welcome to Ecuador! Your trip starts with an early pick up from your preferred Quito hotel. Flight times to the Amazon Jungle will vary according to the day of departure. The flight time and pick-up time from your hotel will be confirmed at your pre-departure meeting the evening before your trip starts. Please check this with reception upon arriving the day before. Your early morning transfer takes you to Quito airport in time for a 30 minute flight over the Andes to the river port town of Coca. A lodge representative will meet you at the airport and take you to the river port. Here you’ll board an 18 metre (57 foot) motorized canoe for a 1 hour trip up river. Life vests are provided. A box lunch is served as you navigate one of the largest tributaries to the mighty Napo. The Napo River is the largest river in Ecuadorian Amazonia and as you cruise along the water it is easy to spot a number of shore birds including herons, kingfishers, spoonbills and ospreys. At the lodge, you’ll receive a warm welcome from our local staff, who’ll give you a refreshing beverage and snack while you’re introduced to the facilities. You’ll be issued with a pair of rubber boots to use for the duration of your jungle stay. In the afternoon, and once you've settled at the lodge, your guide takes you on a short hike to a panoramic point for rainforest views that extend as far as the eye can see in every direction. Dinner at the lodge is normally served at 7pm. Altitude Sickness - This trip visits places that are at high altitude, and as a result, some people can suffer from altitude sickness, regardless of age or physical health. Please see the ‘Health’ section of the trip notes for more important information on this.
Day 2-3: Amazon Jungle Lodge
The next two days are packed with activities. These may vary depending on the time of the year and weather, however they normally include wildlife spotting, canoe rides and jungle walks, with the opportunity to learn from a local guide about the many resources the Amazon provides – from medicine, to construction and food. Depending on what days of the week you are at the lodge, you may have the opportunity to meet an indigenous family of the Quichuas del Oriente community. You can learn more about their culture and their relationship with the forest. Jungle walks can be up to 3 hours long – we recommend bringing a comfortable pair of walking shoes. Please see the ‘Amazon specific’ detailed packing list in the 'What to Take' section. Whatever you do, you’ll be surrounded by one of the most magnificent landscapes on Earth, teeming with wildlife, incredible plant species – from the tiniest flower to the tallest tree – and providing an unforgettable experience in the heart of the greatest forest on the planet.
Day 4: Quito
After a hearty breakfast, travel back to Coca airport for your return flight to Quito. You are scheduled to arrive into Quito Airport at approximately 12pm, however flight delays are not uncommon in this part of the world. If you have an outbound flight today we recommend you fly after 6pm. If you are unsure about a flight time, please check with us. Your trip finishes upon arrival to Quito airport. If you need assistance with extra accommodation and transfers in Quito please contact your booking agent for assistance. Notes: Your feedback is important to us. We have made many trip changes over the years based on past traveller feedback. So if you want to tell us anything, from how great the service was at a particular hotel or how delicious an included meal was or if you have any improvement suggestions then please go to www.intrepidtravel.com/feedback.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..