ROME, FLORENCE & VENICE
Your dream of visiting the shining cities of Italy with budget travel in mind is easy to reach. With seven days to see the sights from Rome to Venice – including Pisa, Verona, and Florence – your guided Italy tour is waiting.
Majestic Rome, with its historical sites beyond compare, is your first discovery on your affordable Italy holiday. From St. Peter’s Square at the heart of the Vatican to the Colosseum, you’ll see why this “eternal city” is a must-see on every traveller’s list.
From Rome, your escorted Italy tour takes you to Pisa and Florence through a gentle landscape of exquisite vineyards, olive groves, and the rolling hills of Tuscany. In Pisa, you’ll see the famed leaning tower and visit the Square of Miracles before heading to Florence – “Cradle of the Renaissance.”
Take a guided walking tour of Florence to soak up the world-famous squares and palazzos of the ornate city, including the Duomo and the Baptistery’s bronze door (“Gate of Paradise”). Off to Venice via Verona – the setting for Shakespeare’s fabled tragedy of Romeo & Juliet.
You’ll see the ancient Roman Arena where gladiators battled – but today serves as the home of the magnificent Arena Opera Festival. From Verona, you’ll continue to romantic Venice, the city of unparalleled beauty.
Take a boat to St. Mark’s square and gaze upon the canals with their gondolas and bridges. You can visit an original glassblowing workshop, discover the narrow alleyways of Venice’s Calli, or its ornate palaces at your leisure for the perfect end to your inspiring Italy tour.
Travel Dates: From 26/08/2019 to 05/01/2020
Duration: 7 days
- Breakfasts Included: 6
Lunches Included: 0
Dinners Included: 2
Breakfasts Included: 6
Lunches Included: 0
Dinners Included: 2
1 ARRIVE IN ROME, ITALY.
Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to explore this ancient capital. This evening, meet your Tour Director and fellow travellers.
Steeped in history, the "Eternal City" is vibrantly alive and exciting, and absolutely unique! Start your guided introduction to Rome from St. Peter's Square, the heart of the Vatican, and see other highlights such as the Colosseum and Circus Maximus. Maybe take an optional tour of the Vatican Museum to discover some unique art masterpieces. (B)
3 ROME-PISA-FLORENCE AREA.
Vistas of rolling hills, cypress trees, terraced vineyards, olive groves, and charming villages form the backdrop as you journey into the heart of Tuscany. Stop in Pisa to enjoy a mini-train ride to the SQUARE OF MIRACLES and see the legendary Leaning Tower. Then, head east to magnificent Florence, "Cradle of the Renaissance." (B)
Today is devoted to the wonders of Florence, starting with a guided walking tour featuring some of the city's greatest attractions. See Piazza Santa Croce; world-famous Signoria Square; 13th-century Palazzo Vecchio with its collection of artistic masterpieces and incredible courtyards; Loggia dei Lanzi; the fantastic Duomo with Giotto's gothic Bell Tower and the Baptistry's ornate bronze door known as the "Gate of Paradise." (B,D)
5 FLORENCE-VERONA-VENICE AREA.
Travel north and cross the Po River to fabled Verona, setting for Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet. See Juliet's balcony-and be sure to rub the shining breast on her statue for good luck! Also, marvel at the ancient Arena, where gladiators used to fight. Built in the 1st century AD, it is now a popular venue for the world-famous opera festival and other well-known artists' performances. Continue to the Venice area for two overnights. (B)
6 VENICE AREA.
One of the most unique cities on Earth, Venice is a place of unmatched beauty and a feast of fantastic sites. View the delightful crisscrossing canals, the gondolas, arched bridges, palaces, and piazzas. Your included orientation features a BOAT RIDE to St. Mark's Square and a visit to a Venetian GLASSBLOWING WORKSHOP. You'll have time to explore at leisure on your own, join one of our optional excursions, or just relax, sipping a cappuccino or the typical Venetian drink called spritz at one of the many bars or cafés. (B,D)
7 VENICE AREA.
Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..