Zanzibar Beach Break
Zanzibar. The name itself is steeped in exoticism, conjuring up images of a remote island paradise where the water is transparent and the air is filled with the heady scent of spices. Thankfully that picture is still right today, with the island almost the very definition of a beachside heaven – perfectly soft sands lying next to warm, turquoise waters that are brimming with vibrant coral and tropical fish. Discover the blend of cultures in the buildings of Stone Town and in the delicious food. Explore the plantations of this famed spice island, search for wildlife in Jozani Forest or simply sit back in a hammock and watch local women collect seaweed from the ocean as the sun sets. Enjoy East African paradise with this laid back Zanzibari break.
Travel Dates: From 17/01/2019 to 03/01/2021
Duration: 4 days
- Explore the atmospheric streets of Stone Town
Roam fragrant spice plantations on a guided tour
Relax on sun-kissed beaches of Zanzibar’s North Coast
Breakfasts Included: 3
Dinners Included: 2
Hotel (1 night),Bungalow (2 nights)
Age: min 5
Group Size: 1 - 12
Zanzibar - Spice tour
Day 1: Stone Town
Jambo! Welcome to Tanzania. An arrival transfer is included. If you have confirmed your transfer by providing your flight details you will be met on arrival and transferred to your Stonetown hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to explore at your own pace. If you arrive early there are plenty of things to do and see. We recommend you check out some of our Urban Adventures http://www.urbanadventures.com The old part of Zanzibar's main city is known as Stone Town. The best way to see this exotic port town is on foot, exploring the bazaars, shops, mosques, palaces, courtyards and myriad intricate alleyways. When the sun is setting, why not enjoy a sundowner from a bar overlooking the seafront before trying one of the island's local seafood curries at one of the town's many restaurants.
Day 2: Zanzibar North Coast
Today you will be transferred to your beach resort located on the Northern Coast. Stop along the way at spice plantations where you'll receive a guided tour and the opportunity to touch, smell and taste various spices such as cinnamon, vanilla and ginger, as well as teas made with these spices. At the end of the day there will also be an opportunity to buy some of the locally grown spices. Your accommodation for the next 2 nights will be on a half board basis ( breakfast and dinner ).
Day 3: Zanzibar North Coast
Today is free for you to explore or simply sit back, relax and take in the sight of traditional dhows sailing along the coast.
Day 4: Zanzibar North Coast
Transfer from the resort to Zanzibar Airport for your departure flight and the end of your beach break. You can easily extend your beach break by booking additional accommodation at the beach resort. This is highly recommended to really experience all Zanzibar has to offer!
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 January 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..