Halong Bay Junk Cruise
Prepare to be whisked away from the cosmopolitan streets of Hanoi to the serene landscape of the World Heritage-listed Halong Bay. Cast away on a traditional-style boat and set sail through hundreds of limestone karsts that rise dramatically from the emerald waters of the bay. Sit back, relax and soak up this epic landscape while enjoying scrumptious meals cooked on board. Relax on deck with friends, chat to the friendly crew, meet the locals as they row between boats or explore myriad hidden caves by kayak. This short trip is the perfect way to add a few days of well-deserved relaxation onto any Vietnam adventure.
Travel Dates: From 19/09/2019 to 01/01/2022
Duration: 2 days
Departing From: Hanoi
- Experience the natural wonder of thousands of limestone karsts that rise from the bay on a cruise through this World Heritage site
Sail back in time with an overnight stay on a traditional-style wooden boat, and awake to the unique misty morning sights of this strange paradise of green waters and rocky islands
Feast on a sumptuous meal as the boat anchors in the heart of the bay, then take to the deck to see the stars and moon illuminate the water and peaks
Halong Bay is one of Vietnam’s most iconic sights, and this must-see must be seen on a classic junk cruise
Breakfasts Included: 1
Lunches Included: 1
Dinners Included: 1
Overnight boat (1 nt)
Age: min 12
Group Size: 1 - 22
Day 1: Hanoi/Halong Bay
Xin Chao! Welcome to Vietnam. A welcome pack containing a welcome letter, your trip itinerary, relevant tickets, a feedback card and general information on the country will be waiting for you at your hotel. Please ask your hotel's receptionist for the Intrepid welcome pack upon arrival. You may be able to leave your main luggage in Hanoi (please check with your hotel), so we recommend you only take a small bag with a change of clothes and essential travel items. Your Short Break Adventure starts at 7.00 – 7.30 am, or from your alternate hotel located in Hanoi's Old Quarter (advised prior to departure), between 7.30am - 8.00 am. You will also be joined by other travellers taking the boat cruise. Travel by minibus for 3.5 hours to Halong Bay. Journey through the early morning streets of Hanoi on the way to Halong Bay, seeing steam rising from roadside eateries as breakfast is prepared and motorbikes weaving their way through the steadily increasing traffic. Leaving the city behind, drive through fascinating countryside to the dock where this Halong Bay adventure truly starts. Climb aboard a traditional junk-style boat – with its beautiful woodwork and beaming crew – and venture out into the emerald waters of the bay. Open water soon disappears as the boat glides through often misty waters and past limestone peaks jutting dramatically out of the water. Sit down to a mouth-watering lunch and take in the scenery of what is often referred to as the Eight Wonder of the World. The area of about 1,500 square kilometres is dotted with innumerable beaches and grottos, created over thousands of years by waves and wind. Even in the rain the bay takes on a mystic quality. After lunch, you will have the chance to explore some of the limestone caves dotted around the bay, and stretch your legs for an included cave walk. The captain will find a calm spot, so soak up the sun on the top deck or go kayaking to see the karsts up close. Everyone will be issued with water buoyancy vests. Another delicious meal awaits after the sun goes down. Then sit under the beautiful starry skies before drifting off to sleep to the sounds of gentle waves lapping at the hull.
Day 2: Halong Bay/Hanoi
Rise this morning to the tranquil beauty of the bay. Perhaps even wake early for a Tai Chi class on the top deck. Spend the morning exploring secluded areas of the bay. Around noon the junk returns to the dock and the journey towards Hanoi begins. You will be transferred by boat to the mainland where your vehicle will be waiting. The journey back to Hanoi takes around 3.5 hours. Your Halong Bay Junk Cruise adventures ends on arrival in Hanoi (approximately 5.30pm) where you will be dropped off at your Hanoi Old Quarter hotel listed below, or as nominated.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..