Back-Roads Touring is a small-group touring concept offering leisurely regional tours throughout the UK and Europe. Tours explore local areas that might otherwise be missed such as Cornwall, La Provence, Loire Valley, the Scottish Highlands and Northern Italy. Tours range from one to 14 days in length. This company has more than 25 years experience touring the UK and Europe, with guides that are both knowledgeable and approachable.
Why travel with Back-Roads
- Tailor-made small group tours
- Personal and intimate experiences at destinations
- Leisurely pace with 8:30am-9am departure times
- Dine and mingle with local residents
- Stay in castles, old estates and traditional hotels
Popular Back-Roads tours
- Highlights of Britain (9 days)
- Heart of England (5 days)
- La Belle France (9 days)
- A Scottish Journey (8 days)
- Spanish Inspiration (10 days)
A personal and memorable experience
Back-Roads tours have a maximum of 18 people on board, ensuring an intimate and relaxing experience with great attention to detail and a personal touch. Take a step back in history and tour WWI battlefields in France and the Anzacs on the Western Front. Explore the royal gardens of Hampton Court, once home to King Henry VIII or tour the Chelsea Flower Show and see some of England’s most iconic gardens.
Get lost in a maze of narrow lanes in the Cotswolds, discover medieval villages overflowing with history and character, or sip on Europe's finest wine at a boutique French winery. With a Back-Roads tour, you're guaranteed to have an experience unlike anything you've done before.
Taste and feel the local charm
All tours place a strong emphasis on food. Back-Roads believe that experiencing local cuisine and wine is one of the most important parts of travelling, which is why their tours always include several group dinners at local restaurants. Tours also include daily breakfast at your hotel, be it a continental breakfast in Europe or an English or Irish breakfast in the UK.
With a Back-Roads tour, you won't be staying in dreary roadside motels or generic brand-name accommodation. The type of lodging at each stop reflects the company's mantra of providing specialty experiences, possessing a homely and wholesome charm whether it be a hotel in the private grounds of Canterbury Cathedral or a 17th-Century Spanish hotel.
Did you know...
- 20% of Back-Roads travellers are single travellers
- Once Back-Roads has four confirmed passengers, the tour is guaranteed to run
- Return passengers receive a 2.5% discount on all future tours